What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Warning, the following contains graphic content and may be disturbing to some viewers.
Trying to get to sleep last night when all of a sudden my left calf cramped up worse than I have ever felt it cramp up in my life ever before. Felt like someone was trying to pry the muscle right out of my leg entirely. After a good minute to minute and a half I finally felt the muscle release. I cussed every cuss word I knew, plus a few originals I made up for good measure! For the next half hour I could not get to sleep worrying it would cramp up again once I relaxed. Still sore this morning, I hate that when that happens...
Dehydration is one cause of leg cramps.

Warning, the following contains graphic content and may be disturbing to some viewers.
Trying to get to sleep last night when all of a sudden my left calf cramped up worse than I have ever felt it cramp up in my life ever before. Felt like someone was trying to pry the muscle right out of my leg entirely. After a good minute to minute and a half I finally felt the muscle release. I cussed every cuss word I knew, plus a few originals I made up for good measure! For the next half hour I could not get to sleep worrying it would cramp up again once I relaxed. Still sore this morning, I hate that when that happens...
After my accident when I was 17 my left leg was locked, not only the accident but 7 weeks in traction and a plaster cast meant it just wouldnt move. In physio I always had to push in the opposite direction to the direction my le was locked.

Let me start this by saying I am not a doctor. Always seek professional medical advice.

But, what you may have is a Magnesium deficiency.

I've had the exact same thing on multiple occasions, so bad I met with my doctor. Started take magnesium supplements and it went away.

Let me start this by saying I am not a doctor. Always seek professional medical advice.

But, what you may have is a Magnesium deficiency.

I've had the exact same thing on multiple occasions, so bad I met with my doctor. Started take magnesium supplements and it went away.
I've been eating a daily banana for a week now ;) Seems to be triggered by starting walking/exercising more the last couple days, usually goes away after I get back into a little better shape. I used to walk 1-2 hours in the park after work every day, but have not been doing that lately. Just started 1/2 hour walks this week and will begin upping it again to at least an hour in a week or two.
Bananas and pickle juice, what a combo...

Last edited:

I had a similar cramp back in February. The difference was it was a week after surgery which required no lifting anything over 5kg for a month, no heavy lifting for 2 months and no driving for two months because the action of braking a vehicle would cause internal tearing. Forgetting that, and being a half asleep idiot, I immeadiately hobbled over to the wall and stretched the leg as hard as I could.

The pain in the surgery area will be permanent (it is low level but still very tiring) and at least the blood infection and other problems are gone.

Pulled the window a/c units today. Putting the screen and storm window back in, in the dining room, the window frame had swelled so much the the screen barely fit and I broke the storm trying to force it. The opening is now 1/16" smaller than the window.
:mad:

Pulled the window a/c units today. Putting the screen and storm window back in, in the dining room, the window frame had swelled so much the the screen barely fit and I broke the storm trying to force it. The opening is now 1/16" smaller than the
never mind

Users who are viewing this thread

Back