What Annoyed You Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There is a story about a pilot who was advised that in the event of a forced landing to aim between two trees so the wings would get ripped off and slow the speed of the fuselage. One day his engine started failing and he had a tough time keeping the airplane in the air until he could find two trees with suitable spacing in the open fields he was flying over.
I honestly thought that was all in comic books.

Had to use a vacation day to take the wife to her deposition in the case against the construction company the built the school where she was hurt 2 years ago. Her shoulder was shattered, two broken hands and fractured ribs. She loss some use in both hands and cannot make a fist in the right. She at 34% disability. My time off was finally approved yesterday. On the way home, she told me it was changed to a zoom meeting. The worse part is the case may be thrown out. The construction company of the building said they did not install the door stop she tripped over and we cannot prove they did. The company said the school district did it. The district said they did not do it either. By state law, injured teachers cannot sue the district for work related accidents. Ggggrrrr. We are stuck with the little we had to sue the worker comp insurance carrier to get. Just glad it will be over soon.

Had to use a vacation day to take the wife to her deposition in the case against the construction company the built the school where she was hurt 2 years ago. Her shoulder was shattered, two broken hands and fractured ribs. She loss some use in both hands and cannot make a fist in the right. She at 34% disability. My time off was finally approved yesterday. On the way home, she told me it was changed to a zoom meeting. The worse part is the case may be thrown out. The construction company of the building said they did not install the door stop she tripped over and we cannot prove they did. The company said the school district did it. The district said they did not do it either. By state law, injured teachers cannot sue the district for work related accidents. Ggggrrrr. We are stuck with the little we had to sue the worker comp insurance carrier to get. Just glad it will be over soon.
Wish you the best for this.

That is terrible. I feel for you, man. That just isn't right.

DBII DBII

There must be a paper wich describes the job and the costs. Get to the school archive. Also get the final note. If it is different then the estimate chase the final one. All what has been done should show up there.

DBII DBII

There must be a paper wich describes the job and the costs. Get to the school archive. Also get the final note. If it is different then the estimate chase the final one. All what has been done should show up there.
You would think the lawyer would do that. He said there was nothing found in the documents they were given. There no proof so the judge may dismiss before there is even a case.

90 minutes in. I cannot be in the room. I have the dog and cats in the room with me. I am having a Dr Who marathon. I bought the set over 7 months ago and just now watching it. Have not been able to watch it since we got married 9 years ago last Saturday. Almost half way through the 4 hour deposition. Nice way to spend a day off.

90 minutes in. I cannot be in the room. I have the dog and cats in the room with me. I am having a Dr Who marathon. I bought the set over 7 months ago and just now watching it. Have not been able to watch it since we got married 9 years ago last Saturday. Almost half way through the 4 hour deposition. Nice way to spend a day off.
Well, happy anniversary! Here's to the next 99! :occasion5:

Started trying to repair 8 UPS units (Battery Backups) for a contract. I don't like working on this kind of stuff to begin with, but t make matters worse is some dipwad has already been inside the units before me and has left loose screw, nuts, power boards in them, been jolted/shocked real good three times so far. Decided enough is enough. I've had enough health issues in my lifetime and don't care to add electrocution to the mix

You would think the lawyer would do that. He said there was nothing found in the documents they were given. There no proof so the judge may dismiss before there is even a case.
I dont know usa layers but here they do not know a estimate from a bill or paperwipe if they are not payed to look at it.
Documents that are given are not all docs that are there.
He means ( i think) all documents supplied to him.
I think you can see the difference.
Ask him about the contract and final payments made by the school. Be insistent in getting a full break down of the contract.
If they cant, well.. they can not prove they did not now can they. On the other hand your wife.had been working there for years without injury. Strange is it not, that after those works suddenly an accident occurs.

Anyway i hope you 2 get through this in a good way.

Either the lawyer is being slack or the construction company or school is hiding the paperwork. Somewhere there must be a record - either in the contract details (like fit door stops to all doors) or in the school records saying the same thing in relation to that door or as a standard policy and there will be a purchase record for the door stop. If the contractor did it there will be a record of what was used on the job. IF the company does not record this sort of detail then they are wide open to theft by staff.

I recall going into one of the newer warehouse buildings at Tinker AFB. They had two rooms configured for computer terminals, with metal outlet boxes mounted on the floor at regular intervals. For some reason they were using the inner room for the terminals and were just walking through the outer room. About every 15 sec someone would walk from the hallway to the computer terminal room or vice versa and trip over one of the outlet boxes. This happened over and over; I could not believe people put up with it. If I had to work there I'd have taken a sledge hammer to the outlet box the 2nd day I showed up for work.

So it is not just the construction company but the idiot bureaucrats who put up with the hazard.

I recall going into one of the newer warehouse buildings at Tinker AFB. They had two rooms configured for computer terminals, with metal outlet boxes mounted on the floor at regular intervals. For some reason they were using the inner room for the terminals and were just walking through the outer room. About every 15 sec someone would walk from the hallway to the computer terminal room or vice versa and trip over one of the outlet boxes. This happened over and over; I could not believe people put up with it. If I had to work there I'd have taken a sledge hammer to the outlet box the 2nd day I showed up for work.

So it is not just the construction company but the idiot bureaucrats who put up with the hazard.
That is about what was happening at the school.

The PLC on my main production machine packed in on thursday. Called the manufacturer on friday. That part is obsolete. (The machine was upgraded with all new electronics four years ago.)
It will be a week to configure and program a replacement. $3000) In the meantime I have to use workarounds that triple the production time.
Grrrrrr. :mad:
The saga continues. Parts arrived yesterday. Spent most of the afternoon installing them. Fired up the machine, and it didn't work. The new part is sending a signal to a valve to both open and close at the same time.
I'm supposed to hear back from tech support sometime today. We'll see.
I suspect my machine will be down for another week.
:mad::mad::mad:

Warning, the following contains graphic content and may be disturbing to some viewers.
Trying to get to sleep last night when all of a sudden my left calf cramped up worse than I have ever felt it cramp up in my life ever before. Felt like someone was trying to pry the muscle right out of my leg entirely. After a good minute to minute and a half I finally felt the muscle release. I cussed every cuss word I knew, plus a few originals I made up for good measure! For the next half hour I could not get to sleep worrying it would cramp up again once I relaxed. Still sore this morning, I hate that when that happens...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back