What Annoyed You Today? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Very annoying indeed

So the conlusion is that the F8F was better/faster than the me 262 at low altitude. Can you calculate how much faster the F8F was?
Also since the F8F was faster than the 262, the rear bear would fly rings around the 262. The f8f was really an amazing design

Oh really? So if the 262 engage the tempest at low altitude in a series of sustained High speed turns and firing passes will lose?Interesting.
Now it becomes clear to me why the allies did not bother to field their jets.Their amazing piston engine fighter designs could easily defeat the 262 on 1 vs 1 combat. Period.

Unlike a piston engine fighter the me 262 could retain his Energy through High speed turns much much better. Why should a 262 let its speed fell down? He could impose its own terms of dogfight.A High speed dogfight is still a dogfight. And at High speed had excellent agility. While most piston engine fighters could turn inside the turning circle of 262, it could fly faster in the perimeter of the circle. So to correct thing to say is " the 262 had to respect the tempest IF its pilot was stupid or inexperienced or outnumbered 20-1 or taken by surprise"
About the vulnerability of its engines, what i can say. Hits on its engines had catastrophic results, while hits on the engines of P51, Spitfire, Tempest, La7, P38, had positive results in their performance.Besides, the damage resistance of these planes is legendary

You just dont get it. The me 262 had a wider arc but was flying much much faster on its arc. The piston engined fighters could initially turn inside that arc but flying in a much slower speed could not attack the me and soon would loose even more speed.All me had to do was to keep its speed and sooner or later would find a firing opportunity

You too Shortround6,you too?!?!?!

It was fatal mistake for the Me 262 to dive away from P51 ???????????????????? Where did you read that???? Me 262 had a diving speed of M 0.084-0.86
Because you dont believe me i reproduce from Eric Brown page 66 " I carried dives up to a maximum M0.84............and this capability had undoubtedly endowed Me262 with a marked advantage over every other operational aircraft of WW2"
Also " a very respontive and docile aeroplane","harmony of control was pleasant" , "First class combat aircraft for both fighter and ground attack roles"

Fatal mistake for the Me was not to engage in a turning fight ( though because of the numerical superiority of the allies it was not very good idea) Fatal mistake was to engage in a LOW SPEED turning fight. In High speed turns the jet would retain its Energy better than the piston engine fighters . It s arc would be wider but flying much much faster . I had a statement from a P51 flight leader that his 4 P51s were turning inside a Me 262 but the jet simply was fast enough to fly around them.Unfortunately i have lost that book

PS P51... The most amzing design of WW2. superior at every single flight parameter
Corsair was also less manouverable at low speeds than the zero but it did dominated it.

Drgondog
Truly and honestly respect you and i found your posts on many forums very educative. But this post of yours, i have to say, is full of inaccurancies. Even more depressing is the fact that several members liked it, even experienced fighter pilots.
Please, PLEASE read the Reports ,not of the german pilots , but the AMERICAN pilots who transfered them in America, and the AMERICAN pilots that test flew the 262 in America. They simply disagree with you . It rolled and turned very well at speed and was fully acrobatic. For more details read their Reports. I will ask you just one question. Two posts above yours, i copied Word by Word the experience of Brown with the 262. A pilot WHO flew every single aircraft that we talk about. His says the 262 had a desicive advantage in diving over any other combat aircraftof WW2.Brown one of the most experienced test pilots ever. And then , you write , NO it had nearly the same with the P51/P47 and the same with the Tempest /Spitfire. Either Br own or you is wrong. By the way he also states the me 262 as" the most formidable combat aircraft of ww2".
Also i dont understand your comment on 262 engines. Should be able to outperform its opponents on 1 engine? Also the second engine could very well save the aircraft if not for the thousands enemy fighters that covered every corner of germany in 1945
It s pointless to continiue the discussion. We have to agree that we disagree at everything

I hope that Azul has found a kind neighbor who's been spoiling them a little and that she'll make her way home, soon.

Azul came home about 11am. It was very unlike her to disappear and she is wary of strangers. One thing I had forgotten though is that this weekend is an unofficial holiday. Most of the homes around us are only occupied on holidays and I wonder now if she got inside a place which is usually closed up and got herself locked in.
I honestly thought she was gone for good....
This has NOT annoyed me :)

Just 2 things,

1 - People that double post! :evil4:

2 - Obama.

I try to fly out of New Haven CT this morning to Philly. Delayed almost an hour because Obama was flying in (though cool to have seen Marine 1 and a pack of Ospreys)

Finally get to Philly and delayed once again because Obama is apparently following me. Wait an extra 3 hours, finally get onto the plane and starting to Taxi and every plane at the airport has to stop because, you guessed it, Air Force 1 landed.

Then the damned plane did not serve bourbon!

The media coverage of the Spaceship Two crash is getting on my nerves.
But we don't have a TV, so I can choose what I want or don't want to hear....I'll stick to more informed sources than the mainstream media.

My frigging fat gut. Man I gotta get into shape.

Tell me about it :( I find it difficult to exercise because I have serious leg injuries from a bike crash. I'm not fat but some days I can't walk to the gate of our house without serious pain. I used to be really fit, but not any longer...

After my car wreck a year and a half ago, i find it really difficult to do alot of things...even simple things I used to take for granted.

Fortunately, I can walk a little better and a little further than I could this time last year.

The physical stuff I deal with, it's the ongoing legal bullsh!t that annoys me to no end.

Don't feel too bad, look at the Saudis...

Since I'm currently in this S***hole of a country and given the nonsense that is going on in this region, I thought I'd ask you guys this. Recently, in response to ISIS movement around Syria, Saudi sent 30,000 troops to the Northern Saudi/Iraqi border. I have always heard that Saudi is the big dog in the yard and not many people would mess with them.

But here is what I have observed in my 6 months of being here. I know there are exceptions to everything, but these people are the most out of shape and LAZY people I have ever seen. If the United States is the most obese country, then Saudi is number two. Driving past their military bases the equipment looks old and who knows how much of it even works. They hire ex-pats to do EVERYTHING here as it seems physical work is too demeaning for them to do.

So......if ISIS were to cross the Saudi border, just how capable is the Saudi army and air force?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back