What Annoyed You Today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here's how California taxes it's fuel per gallon.
The "variable" tax can be whatever a local county, where the fuel is being purchased, has decided to charge.

Note the sales tax line at the bottom: this is a tax applied to all above taxes...

20210712_094623.jpg

Got back to my room last night after work prepared for a quick shower before supper. My key card didn't work and I noticed a Night Shift magnet on the door. Down to the lobby and I find that they've given my room to someone else while I was at work. The desk clerk acted like it was my fault and the two other guys show up with the same problem. I get into my room finally and notice my stuff had been moved around and some laying on the floor. I check everything and nothing missing and I politely ask that my room be recleaned which seemed to put the camp manager off. I had supper and went to the desk to get my new key and saw three other guys with a different problem. They get their room for one night and have to check out and then they check in and get a different room. The catering company in charge of meals and rooms is called "Sodexo" and are infamous around the world. They once served horsemeat to the Queen, poisoned grade school children with spoiled food and in my home town, at a senior's lodge, they ran out of food and gave the rest energy drinks for supper. I've heard their contract is up shortly.....these clowns have to go
Dang that's beyond expletive! Good thing nothing was missing.

Here's how California taxes it's fuel per gallon.
The "variable" tax can be whatever a local county, where the fuel is being purchased, has decided to charge.

Note the sales tax line at the bottom: this is a tax applied to all above taxes...

View attachment 678844

Mi Flyer commented
1658800457637.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think the two of you are missing my point which is that greed, not taxes, is the cause of most of the inflation.

In Aus the government
, in a pre election vote grab, halved the taxes on fuels in March for six months.

The chart below shows the "margin" that the retailers add on top of their wholesale price. You will note that on the day the taxes halved the retailers jumped their margins from a typical 6 c/l to 34 c/l and then after a couple of hiccups when the government said it would punish price gouging (which, naturally, it never did) it went up to as much as 45c/l. That is greed pure and simple. Although the US did not halve fuel taxes I would expect that the only difference in the US is a smaller change in the margins.

1658799263071.png

The second factor affecting the cost of fuel is the wholesale price which is controlled by those in the futures market - not the cost of production. TPG is the cost per litre loaded on a tanker with all taxes and and other government charges added on. From roughly 105 to 225c/l in the last 12 months. You will note it took the best part of a week for the 22c/l to be applied - not instantly as it should have been

1658799768015.png

Attachments

• 1658798989452.png
    1658798989452.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Oh no, there is a huge greed factor behind California's fuel tax - none of it is earmarked for our crumbling infrastructure.
The sales tax and base tax both go to the general fund, where it disappears into various "programs".
They added the "cap and trade" carbon tax supposedly for carbon emission offsets and the LCFS carbon tax is going to pet projects like the high-speed rail project which starts and ends in the middle of nowhere. This rail project is grotesquely over budget and behind schedule not to mention that the person who landed the contract to build it, happens to be the husband of a certain Senator...

Yep GREED comes in many forms, and politicians can always find another way to gain from it.

Here when the first part of Qantas was sold to BA (not to the highest bidder) BA immediately appointed the Prime Ministers wife to the Qantas board.

Spilling Milk on my laptop! That was my Windows 7 32 bit laptop with Fs2004! Now I'm using Widows Vista 32 computer! It has Fs98, Fs2002, and CFS1!

Christopher Tarana

My point is that greed
Well I don't call that "greed", but need!!!

They simply need to save some money for their retirement days!!! As well as cover their defalcation, money laundry and other dirty works; and most important one: protect their lives from the angry mob, in a sudden turn of events.

Not so much, just a few hundred trillion USD (or whatever currency unit, you use).

Let's be honest, that's not much money!!! For them, at least.

Reminds me of a certain PNG politician who came from a poor village. When he was ousted as PM after about four years he applied for a US self funded immigrant visa. Somehow a copy of his application showing he had well over US$600 million in US banks found itself on the front page of the newspapers. It was so expected it did not even raise eyebrows.

Bidenflation annoyed me! I normally keep some sliced turkey lunch meat on hand; it is my first and often last resort for a sandwich at lunch. A couple of years or so back it was $1.99 for 9 oz and then went to $1.73. It went up to $2.50. I bought some today and it was $4.46! Inflation is at 9%? Is that on a per month basis?
Question amigo, how can it be Bidenflation when it's happening worldwide? 🤔 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back