What Annoyed You Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

just received an e-mail stating that my SSN has been detected on the Dark Web via a breach from a company called National Public Data, which as far as I can tell is a company that does background checks? Looks like they had a large data breach back in late August.
Have the same one, royal pain in the arse. Joined Equifax and Credit Karma, notified my mortgage and CC companies

Air conditioning man came yesterday (a/c out day and half),after crawling in hot attic, says either circuit board or motor or both have quit. We had strong storm with plenty lightning and a couple of quick power on/off surges, but it ran well about half a day after. The good/bad news: if both are needed, about $1100. The problem, he and I hope, is the circuit board that supplies the motor. The motor was replaced last summer which took about three weeks because of discontinued motor and new motor requiring adapter wiring. Yesterday, the A/C man called to find about motor warranty and learned it is one year. It has lasted one year, one month and several days.

Best quote we've got so far, from our independent agent, for the house and vehicles, bundled together and it comes in at about 5700$ for the year. It knocks a whopping 250$ off the current house policy and 1K$ off the vehicles. Agent says only 3 of the major insurance companies will write a new policy in Texas this coming year. We've now been dropped twice by companies leaving the Texas, Florida and California markets. At least we can get new policies written, unlike some areas of Ca., where it's impossible to do so.
I live on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico 1/3 mile as the seagull flies my house insurance went up $140 a month just on the forecast this year methinks which was a total bust it went up like 50%+!.So the insurance companies got there big dividend without a major hit as of yet 🫤

My kid came home finally. Adulterous half telling her how much she loves her with her man whore. Lady doesn't understand how much that hurts our daughter. She's drunk as well, like he is. Tomorrow she will be yelling at her for something. It's been like this for years. Sad. That truly annoys the hell out of me.

Ordered a second-hand vacuum from a dealer we've used before. When we got it, it was making an odd noise, so we sent it back to be repaired. We got it back today and I was excited to use it. It wasn't making the wierd noise, so I thought we were good. An hour later, when I tried to put it away, I discovered the wheels were locked up. It has a self driving feature that makes it easier to push when it's on, but a switch to disengage the transmission when not needed. As I looked over the machine, I discovered that they had sloppily cross threaded one screw and another was missing entirely. We'll be sending it back tomorrow.

Went home early from work yesterday due to adominal pain. Figured it was a kidney stone. Went to urgent care and they said to go to the ER. Called the PCP and they where blocked up for the day. My with drove me to the next city for an ER visit. Never go to the hospital in Conroe unless it is major and then transfer ASAP. In the ER for 4 hours. Before I ran to the restroom , I asked if they needed a urine sample. No but they would take it anyway. I was finally moved into a pediatric room until a room is ready for admission. The bed is a foot to short. I was there four the next 4 hours. I got to what goodfellow's and pulp fiction. I was told I had 2 kidney stones 9 mm each. Anything over 8 mm needs surgery. Great.
Mored to a room about 8:30. Just love being woken up even two hours. At 7 am the doctor wakes me up and said I could go home. They could do an outpatient procedure on Thursday. So I called my wife to get me. 30 minutes later I am told I need another test before I leave. Two hours later more blood work and I am told that I may have gallstones and need another test. Another 30 minutes and I am told I would need at least 1 surgery and may be two plus the one for the kidney stones. They want to start today or tomorrow and remove my gallbladder. The last 12 months has sucked. Hormones screwed up, dental issues and now this. I guess I am officially old. It must be down here from now on.

Went home early from work yesterday due to adominal pain. Figured it was a kidney stone. Went to urgent care and they said to go to the ER. Called the PCP and they where blocked up for the day. My with drove me to the next city for an ER visit. Never go to the hospital in Conroe unless it is major and then transfer ASAP. In the ER for 4 hours. Before I ran to the restroom , I asked if they needed a urine sample. No but they would take it anyway. I was finally moved into a pediatric room until a room is ready for admission. The bed is a foot to short. I was there four the next 4 hours. I got to what goodfellow's and pulp fiction. I was told I had 2 kidney stones 9 mm each. Anything over 8 mm needs surgery. Great.
Mored to a room about 8:30. Just love being woken up even two hours. At 7 am the doctor wakes me up and said I could go home. They could do an outpatient procedure on Thursday. So I called my wife to get me. 30 minutes later I am told I need another test before I leave. Two hours later more blood work and I am told that I may have gallstones and need another test. Another 30 minutes and I am told I would need at least 1 surgery and may be two plus the one for the kidney stones. They want to start today or tomorrow and remove my gallbladder. The last 12 months has sucked. Hormones screwed up, dental issues and now this. I guess I am officially old. It must be down here from now on.
Neh. Just some maintenance and duct work. Bit of polish and off you go. The brain is top so you will chuck along just fine.
A dent, or a bit off rust here and there is to be expected.
I do agree of being in a hospital and getting the run around and being a bit miffed about that.

I do hope you feel better soon. You will, i am sure.

Had a couple of bouts with stones before. Hydration and cutting back on tea helped me. Dad had a bunch, but his were due to his calcium intake. He'd drink upwards of 3 gallons of mil a week.
Need to capture any stones you pass and have them analyzed for makeup. That will help direct you to ways to minimize the chances of having more. On the hydration front, no more than 1 of the sports drinks a day, and drink enough water and other fluids so that your urine color is closer to clear. The darker it is, the more dehydrated you are. It takes time to rehydrate and one or two quick drinks won't do it. Get far enough down, and it can take a significant amount of fluids and several hours to get back to normal levels.

Remember though that 80 is the new 40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back