What Annoyed You Today? (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The story below. A friend locally has this horrible disease and also used this chemical. Like the other people in the story there is no history of Parkinson's in his family. I also know one of the people in the story. No mention of the pilots who were spraying this stuff but they are almost certainly affected also. If you use this chemical go find a replacement ASAP.

I have been working on a "Simple" home project that has proved to be about an order of magnitude more challenging that I had expected (but then what does not?)
The AM/FM radio built in to my home's Intercom system suffered some kind of a fault a while back and basically no longer works. But on the selector dial it has a Phono/Tape setting and I thought I'd take advantage of that to be able to hook up any kind of a radio I wished. The Phono/Tape RCA input jacks are inside and originally planned to mount an external jack on the wall and hook it up that way. I eventually decided that was going to be too hard, so I'd drill a hole in the face of the intercom controls and mount an RCA jack in it. As a first step I mounted a shelf above the Intercom controls. Next I had to fabricate an RCA male to RCA female jumper as well as an RCA male to miniature phone plug to go from the intercom control panel to the new radio on the shelf above. That required drilling a hole through the faceplate and modifying an RCA jack mount to fit the faceplate, which I did. Then I found that in order to get the jumper cable inside I'd have to drill the hole bigger, which I did.

And then I realzied that the hole was now big enough to enable me to stick the miniature phone plug through that hole from the inside and go direct from the internal RCA jack to the radio....

Sometimes I can be smart but it usually requires that I be dumb, first.

Better than Aus where they are about 4.50 at ALDI and 5.80 at IGA.

I get all mine from a neighbour - genuine free range very large eggs for just 4.50 a dozen. Golden yokes - not pale yellow.
Paying up to 9$s here at Publix in Florida

Though we have the ALDI just down the road with the cheaper eggs, we prefer the free range but with bird flew hitting our region, eggs have gone up to A$9.00 per dozen but as has already been said they are all large, nice and fresh with beautiful dark yokes. As a foot note, when I was a lad in the UK, my dad had battery hens (they were the new rage then) and the collection and grading of eggs was a daily task. Interestingly though, collection of the eggs was only every two weeks and yet the then British Egg Marketing Board advertised them as FRESH. Another note is all the eggs had to have a little lions stamped on them. :lol: :lol: 🐣🐣🐔

Tried to buy eggs at ALDI. I'm waiting for my financing to be approved.
$3.77 a dozen. At ALDI!!!! :oops:

I pay $4 a dozen here, but I get them from a local small farmer. We usually do 3 dozen a week. My wife does a lot of baking.

She drops them off every weekend or we stop by the farm. She reduced the price to $3 a dozen, but we decided to keep paying her $4 a dozen. They are a small farm, and the price of feed, and all that is not cheap either. Plus they are great free range, organic eggs. Great quality.

Sometimes she throws in s few extra turkey, duck, or Guinea Hen eggs (the Guinea Hen eggs are much richer than regular chicken eggs).

Side note: I love the fact that they are different sizes, shapes, and colors. Not the perfect brown or white same size fits all mass produced chicken farm egg. Some are blue, some are white with lil brown specs, some are brown. Some are large, some are small.

And what annoyed me? Both kiddos getting a stomach bug. They have been throwing up since 11 last night. Changing sheets and emptying buckets.

Poor kids…

Its not that they are sick that annoys me. They can't help it. Its…

1. I don't do well with vomit. I am a sympathy puker. So both kids vomiting at the same time is a nightmare scenario. :D

2. I know I'm next. I hate praying to the porcelain goddess.

Bad weekend trip all around. Flat tire on the way. Tire beyond repair. No place in SW Michigan had my tire size in stock. Got there to find that the refrigerator in the garage freezer door was ajar and had to toss a ton of food and spend a day cleaning up. The gasket I got for my truck's carb was the wrong one so it's still not running and as we were getting ready to leave found that a drain pipe under the kitchen sink is leaking.

Bad weekend trip all around. Flat tire on the way. Tire beyond repair. No place in SW Michigan had my tire size in stock. Got there to find that the refrigerator in the garage freezer door was ajar and had to toss a ton of food and spend a day cleaning up. The gasket I got for my truck's carb was the wrong one so it's still not running and as we were getting ready to leave found that a drain pipe under the kitchen sink is leaking.
Yup that is annoying all right.

And what annoyed me? Both kiddos getting a stomach bug. They have been throwing up since 11 last night. Changing sheets and emptying buckets.

Poor kids…

Its not that they are sick that annoys me. They can't help it. Its…

1. I don't do well with vomit. I am a sympathy puker. So both kids vomiting at the same time is a nightmare scenario. :D

2. I know I'm next. I hate praying to the porcelain goddess.
May the Lord help you! A truely unenviable situation

Maybe all your trouble came at once and the rest of the month will be just dandy! :lol:

millionaire entrepreneur and minor celebrity was in the hotel this lunchtime.

"do you have some homemade shortbread i could have, feeling a little hungry ?"

"no sorry, would you like to order something from the menu ?"

"oh no, i don't want to pay for anything, i'm not that hungry !"

Many of them are the same when it comes to their aircraft maintenance.

I'd avoid buying Samsung stuff ever again.
In the past 3 years:
  1. My mom's washer died a couple months after the 2 year warranty
  2. My parents 4k tv died and there was no possibility of repair, again after only 2-3 years of use
  3. My phone started having green lines, I'm typing this with 40% of the screen covered in Shrek sperm basically.
  4. Now my PC monitor croaked, exactly 3 months after the warranty period.
I don't know what the hell happened to them, their quality is off for years now, it seems the rot that started in their notebooks spread to all divisions.
I hope the polish have a good warranty on their Samsung self-propelled howitzers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back