What are you doing today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Pulling out today for our annual get together with our sports car club, heading to Lacrosse WI, going to take the Badger car ferry across lake Michigan from Ludington MI. I have always wanted to take the old coal powered ferry and never had a reason to. 4+ hour trip across the lake. Looking forward to it tomorrow. It should be a good week of driving twisty roads with good people. My wife finally found a reason for me to board another ship, after 4 years in the USN I just don't have the desire to get back on one. But this will be a 1st for me as I have never been aboard a coal powered ship before.

Pulling out today for our annual get together with our sports car club, heading to Lacrosse WI, going to take the Badger car ferry across lake Michigan from Ludington MI. I have always wanted to take the old coal powered ferry and never had a reason to. 4+ hour trip across the lake. Looking forward to it tomorrow. It should be a good week of driving twisty roads with good people. My wife finally found a reason for me to board another ship, after 4 years in the USN I just don't have the desire to get back on one. But this will be a 1st for me as I have never been aboard a coal powered ship before.

Several years back, I had an opportunity to take a car ferry (ro-pax) from Igounomitsa, Greece to Brindisi, Italy.
We were to board at midnight and I was expecting to board one of the nearby ferries that were coming and going all evening.
Then out of the darkness, came this monster into port - the MV Sorrento!

Three vehicle decks and we even got a cabin. It was alot of fun.

Starting to organize my new office/war room. I still have a lil work to do on the room, need to close off some gaps around the environmental ducting. I still got about 2 dozen totes/boxes of uniforms, flags, medals, insignia, head gear, and equipment that is packed up. Have to get more torso mannequins (only have two at the moment, hence why so much is boxed up).

The room is a mess and unorganized, but starting to come together. A lil every day, and eventually it will be display ready and organized.

IMG_6350.jpegIMG_6351.jpegIMG_6352.jpegIMG_6353.jpegIMG_6354.jpegIMG_6355.jpegIMG_6356.jpegIMG_6358.jpegIMG_6359.jpegIMG_6360.jpegIMG_6361.jpegIMG_6362.jpeg

At my old house, while single, I used a bedroom and built racks from plumber's pipe and used wooden hangars for the uniforms. In order to reduce space, old dress shirts were used under the uniforms to fill out the shape. I felt the dummy took too much space.

At my old house, while single, I used a bedroom and built racks from plumber's pipe and used wooden hangars for the uniforms. In order to reduce space, old dress shirts were used under the uniforms to fill out the shape. I felt the dummy took too much space.

I don't like hangars on my more important/prized uniforms. The hangars can actually damage the uniform over time (granted some of mine have been on hangars for 30 years already… :lol:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back