What Are You Driving ??

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Geo!
Yeah, I remember those days! My Mom had a custom Dodge van with the cool little windows and a mural airbrushed on the sides. I think I might even have a photo of it somewhere.

Anyway, this HHR is really cool. Good acceleration, great mileage and I can carry stuff in it. I might see about adding some factory foglamps, otherwise, it's bone-stock.

I finally got a vehicle of my own, 4 years and 11 months after my Scion tC was destroyed in the wreck.
I've been driving Rosi's Mustang in the interim and her engine gave out. They wanted $5,200 for a complete engine swap and I said hell no.
So I picked up this Chevy HHR LS Panel for $5,400. It's actually super cool, great on mileage and it's only a two-seater!

My friends said it looks kind of Star Wars-ish...I think that if I stare at it long enough, I can (maybe) see what they're seeing :lol:

View attachment 493333

Just put blood smears across the front............ Then you'll see it.

Never seen snow. Rained on 7X in it's life(caught coming back from car shows). Original body parts and paint. Hell, it still has the original spark plugs that it was built with...
Thought about putting a Jumo 213 engine in it but probably won't fit...;)

A V-1710 might...

Seriously though, that's a beauty. I had a '96 version for several years, purple, although not quite as nice it seems. Was my daily driver from '96 to '01, loved it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the invitation! Glad this isn't your car, it is on fireo_O

Yeah, the Florida heat tends to do that... ;)

Although, on a side note, even with all the HP I've never done a burnout like this with it, I've squealed the tires and laid some smoke/rubber down but nothing like this. When I drop the hammer I tend to actually like to have the car move, I leave the burnout stuff to the kids.

Although, on a side note, even with all the HP I've never done a burnout like this with it, I've squealed the tires and laid some smoke/rubber down but nothing like this. When I drop the hammer I tend to actually like to have the car move, I leave the burnout stuff to the

Although, on a side note, even with all the HP I've never done a burnout like this with it, I've squealed the tires and laid some smoke/rubber down but nothing like this. When I drop the hammer I tend to actually like to have the car move, I leave the burnout stuff to the kids.
Absolutely agree. LOL at the idiots in those you tube videos that wrap their tricked out Mustangs and Camaros around telephone poles!

Well this is what my retirement home will be hopefully in less than a year. This is the first time we took her out and of course there's always some bugs to work out which so far I can fix.
IMG_0367.JPG

DSCN7271.JPG
DSCN7257.JPG
DSCN7262.JPG
DSCN7255.JPG
Got my birdie back after spending a week in the paint shop, so naturally wanted to share the results! The pace feathers are new and each is outlined with a thin silver outline. Believe me when I say that was a lot masking...Also finally replaced that POS that GM called a sailplane with a 6LE design carbon fiber piece. Not cheap but so worth it. Anybody who has/had one of these generations knows what I'm referring to! Also spent a couple of months making up the sign

Users who are viewing this thread

Back