What cheered you up today?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just told my boss that Im opting into the working time directive which means I have to do no more than 48hrs a week after 30 years of 60 hours its a great feeling.

It's a springfield. It was a wedding present from the wife. The M9 is the standard service pistol, I was just referring to my own.

I own one too. Though my wife didn't buy it for me. You wife is a keeper. I have the original 1911 without any of the modern accoutrements, like a beavertail safety. Thus, I get severe hammerbite from it.

No obligations after work tonight. An evening at home.

Nice. I took my wife shooting a couple times - the .45 was a little too much for her. First round I think the kick almost made her drop the thing... pretty scary. I am thinking about getting her a 9mm XD, I haven't fired one yet but I hear that they are nice pieces, not too costly either.

It's nice out today - of course, I'm not flying...

For her? Not a good idea. I have a couple of Glocks. And with the wifey, if she limp wrists these auto's, they stovepipe. Get her a .357Mag revolver and load it with .38Special. I bought my wife a Ruger SP101 with 3inch barrel. Has enough heft not to kick and all she has to do is pull the trigger.

Oh. And get a lockbox with quick access combination. Don't want any little marines in the armory.

Attachments

• 290T.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 91
Yesterday, it was the 5th of may, V-day, of course. I was in Wageningen, the place where the german forces in Holland surrendered.There were still some allied WWII veterans from the US, GB and Canada marching in the parade, a magnificent sight. There was also a flyby of 2 Harvards, a Spitfire, a B25 and I think a Lockheed Ventura or Hudson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread