What Cheered You Up Today? (16 Viewers)

Well, it's that time of year again. Most people in Minnesota take a winter vacation and go somewhere warm. Not ME, I go even further north, where it's usually colder, windier, and nastier for my vacation. Off tomorrow for 4 days of fishing through a couple holes drilled in the ice.
 
Man, I am so jealous!
Don't knock it. It really is fun especially when you have a little apricot brandy in your bag.o_O
 
And add two bacons for your wife!
 
Purchased a new car, first time with heat for a few months!
 
Out walking the dog in the late afternoon yesterday. Heard the distinctive rumble of radial engines, not unusual since there are three Waco UPF-7's at the nearby airport. But I looked up and saw it was a C-47 in D-Day markings!
 
Well, it's that time of year again. Most people in Minnesota take a winter vacation and go somewhere warm. Not ME, I go even further north, where it's usually colder, windier, and nastier for my vacation. Off tomorrow for 4 days of fishing through a couple holes drilled in the ice.
How could does it get in International Falls in February? About as cold as a brass toilet seat in Thief River Falls in February.
 
Last edited:
Out walking the dog in the late afternoon yesterday. Heard the distinctive rumble of radial engines, not unusual since there are three Waco UPF-7's at the nearby airport. But I looked up and saw it was a C-47 in D-Day markings!

I get to hear those C-47 radials just about every day. We have 3 of them based at the airfield I work out of.
 
Last edited:
I get to here those C-47 radials just about every day. We have 3 of them based at the airfield I work out of.
You lucky dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
You lucky dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two of them have radial engines, but the 3rd actually has the Basler Turboprop conversion. They also have a DC-4, but I have never seen it fly since moving down here.

In fact here is the Turbo Prop powered one yesterday taxiing out for takeoff.

2A498278-1F01-44EF-9297-E07E4D39C587.jpeg


Here is one of the radial engined ones taking off a few weeks ago.

ABA29672-7FED-45F7-9230-0D914F2F2E35.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Good send off from the last job and good first day in the new one...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back