What Cheered You Up Today? (4 Viewers)

Saw an Aeronca on floats loaded on a flatbed trailer behind a motor home. Someone's toy, either a new toy or going to a new home. As a 14 year old Civil Air Patrol cadet, I got back seat stick time in the L-16B. A great time.
 
Actually got the airplane off the ground today. Tried to go Tuesday, got to the airport very early and found the ignition key was on a different keychain. Tried to go yesterday, got to the airport very early, and found that throttle was loose. Came back later and fixed it. Got there early this morning, actually cranked it up and flew around the pattern twice. All was Okay. When I got it back in the hangar I found the "Alternator Failure" light was not lit even though the engine was shut down and the Master Switch still on. Came back later and found it was a broken wire. Gonna try it again tomorrow.
 
Quake and tremble, all who live within the Greater St Paul /Minneapolis /Bloomington Metro area! My youngest passed his driving test this morning and has been unleashed unsupervised onto the roads and highways of our great state!
:eek:
 
Several years back - like 20 or so - we had a local incredible tragedy. A 16 year old female driver was driving, heading for a party with another 16 year old and a 21 year old in the car, a keg of beer in the back. When they were passing through a bridge construction area she did something that ended up literally breaking the car in half, and while she survived I think at least one of her passengers did not. Even worse, the keg of beer went airborne. Coming down the other side of the road was another 16 year old driver, his Mom in the front passenger seat next to him. The flying keg went through the windshield and killed the kid.

So tell him to stay away from beer kegs, Greg, and good luck!
 
Several years back - like 20 or so - we had a local incredible tragedy. A 16 year old female driver was driving, heading for a party with another 16 year old and a 21 year old in the car, a keg of beer in the back. When they were passing through a bridge construction area she did something that ended up literally breaking the car in half, and while she survived I think at least one of her passengers did not. Even worse, the keg of beer went airborne. Coming down the other side of the road was another 16 year old driver, his Mom in the front passenger seat next to him. The flying keg went through the windshield and killed the kid.

So tell him to stay away from beer kegs, Greg, and good luck!
I carry my beer internally when I drive.
 
I woke up this morning,
again. But still I have not grown up!
 
They suck air in the front, mix with fuel and blow hot air out the back.
Next question ;)
Sounds like my students, at least most of the ones in 3rd and 6th periods. They definitely suck and blow lots of hot air.
 
Politicians tend to have blowback problem where the hot air tends to come back out the front. Must
be a design fault.
That's a compressor stall. On jet engines, it's caused by aerodynamic mismatch. There's too little air being ingested into the engine causing flame propagation forward. In the case of politicians, likely caused also by aerodynamic mismatch. Too little air being processed by the cardiopulmonary system causing the brain to blather poorly reasoned ideas.
 
 
Well, I finally found a honey mustard salad dressing that I like. One company used to produce one that was refrigerated but discontinued it. Then I found Walmart had one that did not require refrigeration before it was opened and was pretty good; they quit offering it and came out with an "organic" version that tasted like it had dirt in it.

But Ollies' started selling a Honey Mustard Chicken Dipping sauce. I found that mixed with ordinary mayonnaise, with the proportions adjusted to taste, it makes a really good honey mustard salad dressing, and its pretty cheap as well.
 
Echo that :thumbright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back