What Cheered You Up Today? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wife came and took my kids to the pig's house. This made me hot, but no court date yet. I have been taking a walk in the evenings to ease my stress and usually take one of the kids. Well, the adulterous spouse decided to hang onto the kids to spite me (as all but one wanted to come home) and I was late going on my walk. I decided to watch the last out of the Kittens at Chicago game and then head out. I went north instead of south and always walk around my neighborhood, which is pretty safe. I decided to head back early and as I was, police cars come racing by the street. It turns out some guy and his wife were on the porch when some guy came up to them, and shot the guy in the throat. I always walk that way or around that block almost every other evening. If I had headed that way, I would have right in the middle of that. So, this makes me happy to be breathing and adulterous spouse had me take the kids right home as soon as she heard about the shooting. Tonight the story had a happy ending.

Seeing she sent the kids home that proves she does not give a sh*t about their safety and seeing she stayed away that means she only cares about herself. Should be useful in court.
IF you are lucky you will not see her now until then.

Last edited:
It turns out some guy and his wife were on the porch when some guy came up to them, and shot the guy in the throat. I always walk that way or around that block almost every other evening. If I had headed that way, I would have right in the middle of that.
An amusing pre-divorce story from when I was growing up. Neighbors across the street were of Mexican decent. Both came from families full of hotheads and reactionaries. One afternoon, just about the time the junior high school bus gets to our street. Mr. and Mrs HotHead decide to take their latest screaming fight to the middle of the street. Just before the bus gets to the street, they both pull snub nose revolvers and start shooting at each other. Multiple reloads on both sides, to where around 40 shots were fired. Mothers scrambled and stopped the bus from turning up the street and the kids getting out in to the path of things. Cops arrive, disarm both and haul them off to jail. About 6 hour later a cab pulls up to their house and out climbs Mr and Mrs HotHead, fresh from jail and acting all loved up. Seems that when they bonded out, neither had enough money for the cab ride home, as no of their relatives would pick them up from the jail, so they shared the cab.

Everyone in the neighborhood searched for a couple of weeks off and on, but we never could find a bullet hole in anything, despite all the houses and vehicles that were within 25 feet of the street. About 2 years later, they finally divorced and moved away.

Thread drift alert - These shooting incidents reminded me of case my brother in law told. He was firearms instructor for N.O.P.D. at the time they were transitioning from .38 special to Beretta 9mm. At first only senior officers got 9mm, so the regulars carried 6 shot 38s. Two rookies responded to call of a woman with a machete intimidating passers by from her front porch. Those who have been to the old sections of New Orleans are familiar with the so-called "shotgun house", a very narrow, long style. The front porch is 12 wide & perhaps 6 feet deep. The rookies walked to the front door where the old lady charged them waving the machete. The fight ensued on this 12 by 6 foot space and the two rookies resorted to firing their pistols. When it was over after all twelve shots, the old lady was hit in one earlobe and a big toe. My brother in law said, "I trained them and now they want to give them 15 shot Berettas."

An amusing pre-divorce story from when I was growing up. Neighbors across the street were of Mexican decent. Both came from families full of hotheads and reactionaries. One afternoon, just about the time the junior high school bus gets to our street. Mr. and Mrs HotHead decide to take their latest screaming fight to the middle of the street. Just before the bus gets to the street, they both pull snub nose revolvers and start shooting at each other. Multiple reloads on both sides, to where around 40 shots were fired. Mothers scrambled and stopped the bus from turning up the street and the kids getting out in to the path of things. Cops arrive, disarm both and haul them off to jail. About 6 hour later a cab pulls up to their house and out climbs Mr and Mrs HotHead, fresh from jail and acting all loved up. Seems that when they bonded out, neither had enough money for the cab ride home, as no of their relatives would pick them up from the jail, so they shared the cab.

Everyone in the neighborhood searched for a couple of weeks off and on, but we never could find a bullet hole in anything, despite all the houses and vehicles that were within 25 feet of the street. About 2 years later, they finally divorced and moved away.

Now that my ex-wife and I are on opposite sides of the planet, we've never loved each other more.
I wish this were true for my case. The further the island, the better. Somewhere nice, like Iceland.

Our seemingly never ending installation of a new robotic call in Mississippi is finally running well, passed its 100 production part run on Monday morning! And has run well in production for 3 shifts now, running faster than the main assembly line. A month ago I didn't think it was possible. I may actually be going home this Saturday! Only 3 months into a projected 3 week install.

Our seemingly never ending installation of a new robotic call in Mississippi is finally running well, passed its 100 production part run on Monday morning! And has run well in production for 3 shifts now, running faster than the main assembly line. A month ago I didn't think it was possible. I may actually be going home this Saturday! Only 3 months into a projected 3 week install.

That is much better than Putins almost 3 years into a three day invasion so your team can be proud of yourselves ;)

Moments like this :)
20240822_173751.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back