What did I do wrong (school)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
Okay, I have a question, is having a book, Rise and Fall of the Third Reich, in class with me make me a target to get kicked out of class?

In English class I am reading Rise and Fall of the Third Reich and a biography on Heinrich Himler (WHICH THE TEACHER SAID WAS OK) and one has a Swastika on the cover... so in music today I had to book so I didn't need to go to my locker and the teacher told me to get out of her class....

NO WHERE in the school 'rules and dress code'' book does it specifically say or even generally say 'NO SWASTIKAS'

Its not like I am promoting Nazi Ideology, no one in the class is Jewish, the teacher isn't Jewish...

I asked my dad and he says I can read whatever the hell I want and if she has a problem next class she can call my dad before anyone else gets involved....

My dad is :evil:

Last edited:
If I were your dad I'd take that teacher to task and demand a meeting with not only her and your princpal, but your english teacher to discuss why an "approved" book got you kicked out of her class. If it was determined that you were in your right to have that book I would demand a public apology in front of your classmates. If the school doesn't do anything, not only call the local media - I'D CALL THE ACLU - THAT'S RIGHT, THE ACLU!!!!!

I know some schools have rules against any literature with a swastkia on them - if there was no policy on that I think your music teacher is an idiot and you could even tell her to read this post.

Sometimes those who teach the "liberal arts" are less tolerant than Nazis!

Last edited:
I'll ask my dad what he'll do, because I am really curious.

I told my English teacher today and he said, "Well in no way are you promoting any ideas or parading around the school. All you are is a boy wanting to learn a bit more."

So I came home called my dad and asked what I should do. He was extremely angered at me getting kicked out of class (not at me but the teacher) and he said, "We'll talk when I get home."

Totally agree with Flyboy. I'd go with your Dad to see the headmaster/principal to sort this out. How on earth is mankind supposed to learn from mistakes if teachers are banning history. Nazi policies towards "untermensch" were abhorrent but that's precisely why they MUST be remembered, to remaind us all that even democratically elected government can, under the right conditions, spiral out of control. To ban a student for having a history book with a swastika on the cover is, frankly, puerile - but then so is the removal of swastika decals from model kits.

I trust your Dad is as proud of you for studying as I would be of one of my boys. Too many people, of all ages, succumb to the inane drivel of reality TV and other media-driven garbage. I applaud you for actually taking the time to study and learn.

Last edited:
Do exactly what Joe says and accept nothing less that what he states as a solution. If she was offended by the book she could have asked you to put them out of her sight. A agree that the liberal leaning population in this country are just as intolerant, if nto more so than they accuse the right leaners of being.
Good lu

Maybe you should call Bill O'Reilly. He covers this kind of stuff on FOX and he will take the dopey school officials to task.

TO

The teacher doesn´t know the difference between swastika painted on the wall and swastika painted on the aircraft kit or shown in the historical book. The difference is:
-who paints the swastika on the wall belogs in jail as he supports nazi thoughts
-who doesn´t know why there´s swastika on the aircraft kit or in the historical book, belongs back to the school to teach the history again

I feel for ya buddy . I went through the same thing at school . My grandfather fought in the Hitler youth in '45 and he is a hero to me . 15 years old with a rifle and a few grenades with a few of his mates told to stop a Russian onslaught . Teachers didnt see it the same way as me . I was labeled a Nazi from day 1 . In a world thats so politically correct and seems to want everyone to be so understanding about different races to stamp out racism , they seem to understand so little about the so called biggest racist nation created .

I cant believe they dont allow swastika's on models anymore . Like of all the empires in the world they are made out to be the most evil . Good men served and died under the swastika and should be respected and remembered with honour !

You're music teacher is an idiot, follow FBJ's advice. I'm aggravated by this, why do people take offense to everything and anything; it's obvious you weren't promoting Nazi ideals.

Thanks all. My dad said he'll send the teacher an email and ask here who is she to tell me I can't do this.. he'll CC it to the principal. If he doesn't get the response he wants he'll have a face to face discussion with everyone (Principal, Vice Principal, Music teacher, and I.)

Then if that doesn't work, he said, well there will be HUGE issues.

The really ironic part is that Bill Shirer is about as far from being pro Nazi as any writer on WWII could be. If you raise hell with the school board/Principal, make sure that you have some of Shirer's more anti-Nazi text in hand. There is plenty of it in that book. Good luck, and let us know how this turns out.

I agree with FBJ. Obviously the teacher did not understand you were studying history and not promoting an ideology. A meeting with the principal is in order and really rub it into her. "Twist the knives" as they say. The book is also one of classics about the war and you should be offended that a music teacher wants to whitewash what happened.

Agree with FBJ Harrison

You're music teacher is an idiot, follow FBJ's advice. I'm aggravated by this, why do people take offense to everything and anything; it's obvious you weren't promoting Nazi ideals.

Yup!!!

Specially this part

You're music teacher is an idiot

Couldn't be more true!!!

Personally , I would of welcomed something like this at school

Thanks Roman and Daniel... I hope that the music teacher realizes that she can't make such a quick assessment of me, or the book when she probably doesn't even know what a Nazi is! All she probably knows is a Swastika is not a symbol to take pride of and knows nothing about history....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back