What did I do wrong (school)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And one thing more- as you propably know...I had one former German fighter on visit in my town...Willi Reschke.
Why? Because I take him as a part of history of our town. But sometimes I feel myself as a pro nazi symphatiser in some people´s eyes because of that...not really but something like that.

Last edited:
And one thing more- as you propably know...I had one former German fighter on visit in my town...Willi Reschke.
Why? Because I take him as a part of history of our town. But sometimes I feel myself as a pro nazi symphatiser in some people´s eyes...not really but something like that.

Just because he served under the Third Reich doesn't make him a Nazi. Hopefully you friend Mr. Reschke has not been subjacted to any predujice because of that.

Just because he served under the Third Reich doesn't make him a Nazi. Hopefully you friend Mr. Reschke has not been subjacted to any predujice because of that.

Some people take it so, which is very superficial. The irony is, that the former enemies as US fliers and German fliers are able to meet. Even our Czech fliers from RAF met their former enemies several times with no problems even though our country was under nazi tyrrany for more than 6 years and the Czech fliers in case of shot down over by nazi occupied country should have been taken as traitors as we bacame the part of the 3rd Reich during WW2...

It is always the same problem- either you want to know and understand history and other people´s opinions or not. That´s it.

BTW, If you haven´t seen Willi Reschke´s meeting with my friend Joe, go here http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/av...joe-owsianik-meeting-after-63-years-9298.html

Some people take it so, which is very superficial. The irony is, that the former enemies as US fliers and German fliers are able to meet. Even our Czech fliers from RAF met their former enemies several times with no problems even though our country was under nazi tyrrany for more than 6 years and the Czech fliers in case of shot down over by nazi occupied country should have been taken as traitors as we bacame the part of the 3rd Reich during WW2...

It is always the same problem- either you want to know and understand history and other people´s opinions or not. That´s it.

BTW, If you haven´t seen Willi Reschke´s meeting with my friend Joe, go here http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/av...joe-owsianik-meeting-after-63-years-9298.html

I hear you, I'm sure that there were some diehard Nazi's in the Luftwaffe. The rest, however, just wanted to defend their homeland, and help their country. Unfortunately, a lot of people today will look at someone was in the Luftwaffe, or any branch in the Whermacht for that matter, and automatically label him a Nazi.

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look.

Thanks Neil, I will do that and let my dad figure it out. :D

My mom says "I am walking a very fine line."

I don't know what the heck she's talking about..

Jeez, I totally agree with all of the other posters here, and especially those who stated that very often, the ones teaching the so-called liberal arts, are the worst to bear down on those that step even the slightest inch besides the toed (spelling?) line, ot whatever you call it. Self-righteous bastards are what the yare.

That teacher had no right in kicking you out of class - well I bet you already know that by now, this is just me attempting to support you morally or something similar to that. ;)
If we were to follow this teacher's line of thinking, we'd also have to boycot Steven Spielberg's movies for example, even though Spielberg's jewish - he made "Schindler's List", whose poster shows Liam Neeson in a suit with a nazi party badge on the lapel! :crazy:

This brings me back to the T-****-thread, and my post about the use of swastikas on the tee that were in the making back then. It just shows how fast people are in reacting to things that they've learned are "bad", but theydon't look at the larger image, or even bother to find out about stuff - for example just exactly what your book is about, and what the author's views expressed in the book actually are.

Sorry for ranting like this, guys, but stuff like this really p***es me off - it's so stupid, because it could have been avoided with a little better/frequent communication between the teachers and the home.
What's next - that some kid gets kicked out of school for doing his history homework, consisting for example of reading Hitler's "Mein Kampf", or Karl Marx's "Das Kapital"?

Anyway, I wish you and your father the best of luck - I sure hope you guys show that rabid teacher her rightful place, or whatever it's called in english.
And please let us know how it goes, it would be nice to know. ;)

True.

HERE are the books in question. I am reading the abridged to get an idea of what the 1300 page version will be so I can understand.

Attachments

• 102_5408.JPG
    102_5408.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 102_5409.JPG
    102_5409.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 155
Jeez, I totally agree with all of the other posters here, and especially those who stated that very often, the ones teaching the so-called liberal arts, are the worst to bear down on those that step even the slightest inch besides the toed (spelling?) line, ot whatever you call it. Self-righteous bastards are what the yare.

That teacher had no right in kicking you out of class - well I bet you already know that by now, this is just me attempting to support you morally or something similar to that. ;)
If we were to follow this teacher's line of thinking, we'd also have to boycot Steven Spielberg's movies for example, even though Spielberg's jewish - he made "Schindler's List", whose poster shows Liam Neeson in a suit with a nazi party badge on the lapel! :crazy:

This brings me back to the T-****-thread, and my post about the use of swastikas on the tee that were in the making back then. It just shows how fast people are in reacting to things that they've learned are "bad", but theydon't look at the larger image, or even bother to find out about stuff - for example just exactly what your book is about, and what the author's views expressed in the book actually are.

Sorry for ranting like this, guys, but stuff like this really p***es me off - it's so stupid, because it could have been avoided with a little better/frequent communication between the teachers and the home.
What's next - that some kid gets kicked out of school for doing his history homework, consisting for example of reading Hitler's "Mein Kampf", or Karl Marx's "Das Kapital"?

Anyway, I wish you and your father the best of luck - I sure hope you guys show that rabid teacher her rightful place, or whatever it's called in english.
And please let us know how it goes, it would be nice to know. ;)

Thanks BB! We cross posted didn't see :oops:

B17, you were jacked around. BUT, you were jacked around by some one who is drastically uniformed. Especially about the book you are reading (BTW- Great book to read, as Diddy noted, Shirer wrote a great series of books on the topic- he would know, having been THE western correspondent in Berlin while all this was happening).

As a suggestion. It sounds like your Father (rightly I might add) is about to request a meeting with the Principle and Teacher in question. It will probably happen. You should bring along the book that she tossed you for as well as "The Nightmare Years" and "Berlin Diary". IIRC, they are part of three book set dealing with that time period. I thought "The Nightmare Years" was a very good book, the best of the three.

Let us know what happens. But you were definitely jerked around and I doubt this thing is going to stand.

PS- I had a similar thing happen some time back but with different circumstances. About 15 years ago, I had a party at my house. A friend of mine came over and she brought along a German guy who was visiting for work. He saw the same book on my book shelf. The Swastika caught him totally offguard and he had a similar reaction. He said as much to my friend, that the symbol was illegal in Germany and he wanted to know if I was a Nazi or something (bit akward). Luckily, my friend, on top of being more than a little drunk, was pretty laid back and she said no way. Told me and I showed him the book, explained as much. It all blew over and was a laugh.

Something to think about. It may come down to a stupid misunderstanding (without getting to far into whom is stupid).

Thanks! If I can get the books in time I'll definitely bring them. I hope this blows over but if it doesn't I am not willing to let there decision contradict the schools policy

Dollars to nickels the music teacher does not know what those books are about and even who Himmler was. If I were your dad I'd be knocking a door down to do a face to face. Man to think I used to doodle tanks,planes etc with all soughts of insignia on my school books and nobody gave it a second glance.

I hope its sorted out Harrison. Yet another example of how little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

I went to a school that was pretty rough and the last thing someone would sent out the room for would be reading.

Cheers.

I'm I the only one seeing the ironay of a teacher banning a book, just like a certain "organization" used to???

Of course, you can always post her e-mail addy.....MuHahahahahahaha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back