What did I do wrong (school)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

H man, I hope that you learn the big picture here. You stand up for yourself when you are done wrong. You do not have to accept the PC view of the world. You may want to google a couple of the book reviews for the meeting. So the school will know the nature of the book. Good Luck

DBII

Thanks guys!!

I don't believe this woman. She says in her email," Kids were telling me the book is distracting."

My response (in my mind) : You know what you B*TCH ? It was the first thirty seconds of class and you were introducing yourself. You F*CKING liar.....

It's official my dad is taking it to the board.

Thanks, I read my dad the email and he sounded even more mad than yesterday! Oh.. no..

Anyways this is an issue that is serious and shouldn't be lied about. .

Are you allowed to go back to her class now? If so I would find a T-shirt that states something to the effect to not violate your 1st Amendment Rights and wearit to her next class. See if that gets the point across. You know damn well that if this type had her Rights comprimised she would be beyoching to whomever would listen.

You shouldn't believe this woman. Instead of admiting a mistake and saying she overeacted (and ending the whole thing right here), she's pulling rank and trying to diffuse the blame away by pulling others in. That's pure beaurocratic chickenshit.

Who/whom was the student who considered it distracting? You were in the class, did anyone mention it? Did the student in question (from here on in referred to as "The Phantom Student") say anything to you? If they said anything to her, when was it (as you were in the class as well). Try to remember, might ask people in the class who are friends of yours if they remember as well.

It's dumb of her to do this, unless it really is true. If that's the case, she's going to have to produce a body (or some kind of evidence) saying so and so was distracted. While it is possible, it is not particularly probable.

B17, whatever you do, don't overeact yourself. Don't pump this up at your school. Keep it low, word will get around fast enough and everything you say can and will be remembered, if not used against you. Let the facts do the talking. When you take on "the power" it is wise to be carful. Very careful.

Was this thie first time you had brought these books into class? If so the you are probably right in the assertion that no one had time to complain about it.
I would expect that this woman will make up more lies and excuses to cover herself, unfortunately that is human nature.

Buck, it was the first time I'd read it or had it in school.

Tim- Like I said to Buck it was the first time. I was in class before the 'phantom student' and I had my eyes on the teacher and no one said anything to me or her. I don't know if I'm allowed in her class but I just got an email my dad got on his blackberry and she said, "Your son isn't in trouble, it's nothing to make a big deal over, I just don't think the book should be with him."

My dad said this, To you first part, why are you changing the story. To the second part, why shouldn't I? My son was kicked out of class." To the final part: Are you joking? Cause if so that's quite funny.

I will not know if I am allowed in class or not until monday. But I really don't want to be in the class.

Sounds to me like she knows she over-reacted and is trying not to have it go any further up the command chain. I'd go back to class with my head held high knowing you did absolutely nothing wrong.

She said she is 'sorry she didn't have a desk to keep it in, but she doesn't like the symbol."

I guarantee she doesn't even know what it's called.

How the 'ell did I graduate from the New Jersey school system?????

Harrison, as much as you want, let your dad handle it. I'm sure, in his line of work, he knows exactly what to do.

She said she is 'sorry she didn't have a desk to keep it in, but she doesn't like the symbol."

HAH! That's funny. She doesn't like the symbol. Not many people do!

If she was that bent out of shape over the symbol, why not throw the book out of class? Why did you have to go to? Maybe she could've thrown the dust cover out of her class and kept the book?:lol:

Oh man, that's rich.

But getting back to it. As others have said, keep a low profile and let your pop handle it. He's on it. You're probably fine going back to her class (music class? Why couldn't I get thrown out of music class way back in the day). When you get back there, ask her if she has the music to "Deutchland uber Allies".:p

Just kidding about that last crack.

B-17, it sounds like your dad has it under control.

"There are 3 kinds of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wondered what happened."

In this situation it's time to watch things happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back