What did I do wrong (school)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B17 .... think you can whistle "the ride of the valkyrie"? That would freak her out too.

LOL!

You should also ask her to check out this thread we have.

HAH! That's funny. She doesn't like the symbol. Not many people do!

If she was that bent out of shape over the symbol, why not throw the book out of class? Why did you have to go to? Maybe she could've thrown the dust cover out of her class and kept the book?:lol:

Oh man, that's rich.

But getting back to it. As others have said, keep a low profile and let your pop handle it. He's on it. You're probably fine going back to her class (music class? Why couldn't I get thrown out of music class way back in the day). When you get back there, ask her if she has the music to "Deutchland uber Allies".:p

Just kidding about that last crack.

how about this one

by Wilhelm Stöppler

Wir fühlen in Horsten und Höhen
Des Adlers verwegenes Glück!
Wir steigen zum Tor
Der Sonne empor,
Wir lassen die Erde zurück.

Kamerad! Kamerad!
Alle Mädels müssen warten!
Kamerad! Kamerad!
Der Befehl ist da, wir starten!
Kamerad! Kamerad!
Die Losung ist bekannt:
Ran an den Feind!
Ran an den Feind!
Bomben auf Engelland!
|: Hört ihr die Motoren singen:
Ran an den Feind!
Hört ihr's in den Ohren klingen:
Ran an den Feind!
Bomben! Bomben!
Bomben auf Engelland! :| Wir stellen den britischen Löwen
Zum letzten entscheidenden Schlag.
Wir halten Gericht.
Ein Weltreich zerbricht.
Das wird unser stolzester Tag!
Kamerad! Kamerad! Alle Mädels . . . .

Wir fliegen zur Weichsel und Warthe
Wir fliegen ins polnische Land
Wir trafen es schwer
Das feindliche Heer
Mit Blitzen und Bomben und Brand
Kamerad! Kamerad! Alle Mädels . . . .

So wurde die jüngste der Waffen
Im Feuer getauft und geweiht.
Vom Rhein bis zum Meer,
Das fliegende Heer,
So steh'n wir zum Einsatz bereit

Harrison, any idea how old your music teacher is? I'm guessing she is young, and she associates the swastika with US neo-nazi/white supremicist groups. But I do think she over-reacted throwing you out of the class, WTF??? I echo whats already been said, let your Dad deal with it. You did absolutely nothing wrong.

She's a music teacher for Godsake. Her educational background is as thin as the paper her diploma is written upon. I hope she fights it. I love it when stupid people get their comeuppance.

B-17, it sounds like your dad has it under control.

"There are 3 kinds of people in the world - those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who wondered what happened."

In this situation it's time to watch things happen.

could never in million years say it better then this

I have Wagners Valkyrie as a ring tone on my phone,always get interesting looks, tough I like it.

Its an excellent piece, Torch! You should stroll into class on Tuesday (pending Monday's outcome....if a public appology is forthcoming, then let it blow over and move on, be the bigger person! If none comes out or she continues to make excuses, don't stoop to her level...however, listening to music can be so fun at times!) with that playing loudly on your mp3 player or cellphone, or the original Lili Marlene! She if she gets THAT reference!!!! And with Lili, you have a perfect reply, that it was immensely popular with the Allied troops on the front lines during the war.

Still, though, as Joe said, don't get involved any more than you have to yourself. Much as we like you here, you're still just a teenager to this teacher, and in the eyes of the school board. If you start making waves, you WILL lose. Let your Dad handle it, take notes on HOW he handles it, and take the dust jacket off the book, no matter the outcome. You can still read the book, just don't try to provoke her any further.

Just going to put a little footnote on this guys.

The swastika symbol is far more ancient than the 3rd Reich, it is a common symbol often seen in Hinduism and Buddhism, but it is a sad fact that the modern western world only associates it to one thing.
:hotsun: :hotsun:

Harrison, just a thought here...but be cautious when discussing this "dog and pony show" with your friends, too...

In other words, keep your cards close to your vest, man. This is the kind of stuff the ever-present rumor mill lives for and even the smallest thing can get blown totally out of proportion and might come back to bite you in the arse.

You're doing everything right and you have your Dad leading the charge, so you're in a good position, but don't give anything to the "other side", if you know what I mean.

Good Harrison. I agree with Joe and all here. The teacher concerned is more than an idiot, and I'd question her ability to be in such position with actions or reactions such as she's demonstrated. I think I'd be tempted to tell her to get her finger out of h **se, stick it in her ear, and shake her brains up!

Well, I'm going to play devil's advicote here. Any thing offensive or might hinder the learning process in school is subject to getting taken away or removed from the class room. Its like that in all schools. I would understand if the books were required for one of your classes, or there was a "free reading" time. But, what you have to realize is that probably a few other kids (or teachers) in your school are intrested in WW2, especially ones that know a lot about Hitler and the Nazi's. You have to be carefull if you start flashing books with Swastica's on it, as someone might get offended by it. They migh have had a relative who was in the concentration camps, and that would stir up a lot of emotions. You just never know. People might start associating you with the KKK (which I know you are in now way promoting or are in any relationship with), and thats something im pretty sure you dont want.

On a side note, Keep your head up, I know your dad will figure this all out, and In the end, im sure the books will be of no problem for you to take to school.

I agree with all here Harrison and I really hope that this issue gets settled in your favor. It sounds like your dad is doing the rite thing. Sounds like the teacher in question needs to be re-educated and this time she needs to pay attention.:rolleyes:

Harrison, Im curious, does ur father know that uve been conversing with 30/40/50 year olds online about this???

Does he ever read over ur shoulder while ur on here??? This whole thing is a very interesting situation, and I have been trying to visualize how I would have reacted if my 22 year old son went through the same thing as u back then....

I was a SEAL and ur Dad is a cop, kinda few similarities there... Im surprised he has not gone down to the school and gotten some questions answered.... Email is one thing, threatening the Principal with the ACLU face to face is another....

This kinda stuff gets put on FOX News all the time.... This teacher is walkin a reeeeeeaaaaaaaaaalllllyyyyyyyy thin line drawn out on the thin ice......

Lt. Laverty, if Harrison gets u to read this, this isnt just about H, this is huge.... If one teacher gets away with this sh!t, how many more will???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back