What did you do to fill the time when the website was down?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Worked, worked, worked, and I think, yeah, thats right, worked too... Alot of projects starting up at the moment.

I was worried too that it was 'game over' for the forum... would be sad to lose contact with ya's all.

Five days of Wild Turkey hunting. Didn't get a bird but had a blast calling in 8-10 different Gobblers. Learned a lot about Turkey hunting this trip. Saw and heard more birds in this 5 day period that I have in the previous 13 years of hunting them combined. Only bad part is now I have to wait a whole year before I can do it again;(

Yep sure are. I own 2 a 1990 and 1991 EA facons one being a wagon and one being a sedan. They are aussie falcons so you may not of have heard of them before
You know, it wasn't until I read the year's on your cars that I noticed you were in Oz.
Sorry about that. Yeah, I've heard of 'em, but I was referring to the American cars of the early 60's.
I always thought the Aussie E49 Chargers were very cool, too.
...and sorry for the typo on your name. Honest mistake that I didn't catch in the proof read.
They still make Mini Moke's down your way?

Elvis

Thanks for the heads up, Heinz.
The Holden's are being shipped to the States and being rebadged as the current "GTO", under the Pontiac brand.
(nice P-40, btw)

Speaking of Holden, I found an interesting article on the E49 Valiant Charger yersterday ( Chrysler in Australia: Valiant Charger and others, 1970 through the end )

Towards the end, it included this passage...

"Did the Holden Commodore really beat the Chysler Valiant E49 Charger?

Some have said the E49 Charger's long-standing record as the fastest Australian production car across the 1/4 mile by the Holden Special Vehicles GTS-R (Commodore, 5.7 Litre, stroked version of Holden's Aussie 5.0 litre), which was clocked at 14.3 seconds (the figures for the E49 usually quoted are 14.4 seconds; a dubious-accuracy 14.1 figure can be beaten by the "Blueprint" GTS-R which can do 14 flat).

Gary Bridger set us straight:

The June 1997 issue of Australia's Motor magazine did a comparison between Australia's greatest muscle cars from 1971 on, including the GTS-R and E49. Despite being the only six in the group, the 25 year old Valiant Charger E49 was still the fastest and marginally quicker than the GTS-R to 100 kph and through the quarter. The figures used for the E49 were based on 1972 road tests, 0-100 kph 6.1 seconds and 14.4 seconds for the quarter. The GTS-R was quoted as 0-100 kph 6.2 seconds and 14.45 for the quarter.

To add salt into GM and Ford's wounds, stock standard E49s on modern rubber have quite easily broken the 14 second barrier for the quarter. Jim Little has done a 13.8 quarter in his and another of our club cars won a production prize at a major drag meeting with a 13.9 quarter. A previous owner took my E49 to a sprint meeting and was doing 14.1 quarters on old wide oval tires, limiting the car to 5000 rpm (redline 6500) and in a howling headwind! A Ferrari owner who couldn't match those times was absolutely horrified when he discovered that the Charger had a Valiant 6 under the bonnet! An unmodified standard production Valiant 6 at that.
"

That Charger must've been some kinda ride.

OK, if you guys wanna chat some more about this, we should take it to the "PM ZONE", so others can get this thread back on-subject.

Elvis

And not to prevent a this thread from continuing in its eternal glory, but my first motorcycle Kawasaki 440LTD could do the 1/4 in just over 14 secs. A 440cc motorcycle. I love cars, but you guys are too hung up on stats to read the tea leaves.

And not to prevent a this thread from continuing in its eternal glory, but my first motorcycle Kawasaki 440LTD could do the 1/4 in just over 14 secs. A 440cc motorcycle. I love cars, but you guys are too hung up on stats to read the tea leaves.
Gotcha beat.
When I was in high school, a friend bought a new '79 Yamaha RD400.
It'd do high 13's without even breaking a sweat.

...NOW, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

:D

Elvis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back