What did you do to fill the time when the website was down? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I actually went to several other warbird sites that I had signed onto long ago. Not much happening. My son is on a military site so I joined there also. Not as fast paced and satisfying as here.

oh, and I have a cupboard full of homemade oatmeal cookies. By the pounds!

I actually started researching the North Africa campaign in detail and started creating a excel list of all the squadrons that I could find that dealt with North Africa in one way or another. Luftwaffe, US, British and Italian airforces. Its far from done and still trying to verify stuff but here is the list so far. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Africa.jpg
    Africa.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 245
Went hunting three days in a row...

For what?

I did some research into social marketing on the internet and Web 2.0. Especially del.icio.us. del.icio.us is VERY powerful and widely used. If your not using it, or something like it, you probably will be soon.

I'm also preparing my house to rent -- a ton of work!

I pounded my head on the desk repeatedly until the site was restored. Man I'm glad it's back.

Yeah after 4 days that must be some bump on your head....

Thor, I started a new thread "WWII Aircraft/Military museums" to include all of the museum threads with links a location map - I included yours from Stinson Fredricksburg

I actually started researching the North Africa campaign in detail and started creating a excel list of all the squadrons that I could find that dealt with North Africa in one way or another. Luftwaffe, US, British and Italian airforces. Its far from done and still trying to verify stuff but here is the list so far. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's a list of RAAF squadrons Paul. HTH.

No.1 Air Ambulance Unit - DH 86, Bristol Bombay
3 sqn - Gladiator, Hurricane,P-40's
450 sqn - P-40's
451 sqn - Hurricane, Spitfire
454 sqn - Baltimore
458 sqn - Wellington
459 sqn - Hudson, Ventura, baltimore
462 sqn - Halifax

To be honest I was really scared when I saw for the first time that the site is down...until it was up I was busy with my job so I had something to do...

Here's a list of RAAF squadrons Paul. HTH.

No.1 Air Ambulance Unit - DH 86, Bristol Bombay
3 sqn - Gladiator, Hurricane,P-40's
450 sqn - P-40's
451 sqn - Hurricane, Spitfire
454 sqn - Baltimore
458 sqn - Wellington
459 sqn - Hudson, Ventura, baltimore
462 sqn - Halifax

Awsome Wildcat. Many Thanks :lol:

cycling in northern California in 105F heat almost having a stroke ...........sheer stupidity, ah but the pics should be grand, will post them up later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back