What Did You Get For Christmas? (2)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

whatever you do Lancs dont tell them of the time you put sheeps' bollocks in a box.

Hey K9. have you heard of the use of credit cards over a gun shot wound?
( I trained first aid cadets many years ago, so had heard of the clingfilm tip- people think you a crazy when you say what seems such daft ideas). I was watching TV last night (gun shot victim) and said out loud (as I often do when talking to the TV) put a credit card over it (they picked up a little cloth) and my daughter said... not another crazy idea of yours. Did I make that up???

Maybe you should do a K9 tips thread - keep us all safe!!

Crippen

The outer plastic wrapping of a field dressing will do the same job. This is for a "sucking chest wound". The lung has been punctured as well as the skin and air is entering in and out of the wound. Think gunshot wound.

Slap the plastic cover on the wound (Check for exit wound as well). Wrap the bandages tightly to get as good a seal as possible.

The victim will NOT like you for this part but it is essential. They need to be laid on their side WITH THE WOUND as soon as possible.

This is because they alreay have one impaired lung with blood in it, laying them flat or on the other side will only fill the good lung and with blood and drown them.

Most commonly seen at Motor Vehicle Accidents where numb nuts wasn't wearing their seatbelt and played ping pong around the inside of the vehicle, breaking ribs and punching the bone ends through the skin and lung.

You can tell the a sucking chest wound easily enough, once the wound is exposed you will see pink foaming blood forming when they exhale, and probably hear a rattling noise when they inhale.

Also, they won't look happy.

PS Crippen.

It is your job to keep yourself safe. My job is picking up the mess when you don't do your job.

Lanc

I am married with a 2 1/2 year old son. I am 43.

I love my wife and my son.

Give it a rest before someone hands you your dick in a box.

Test
I got a airsoft gun and a new backpack because; some kid's at my school super glue it shut.

Ouch. That's brutal csrruss. Did they get in trouble? Or are you secretely passive agressive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back