What Did You Get For Christmas? (2)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good stuff all around, I see. That lamp is something else. :lol:

As for myself:

-sweater
-a couple of good softcover books
-Tora! Tora! Tora!, on DVD
-desktop calender of insults. An insult a day. (My niece's idea of a joke)
-a Frogger tabletop electronic game (A nostalgia gift from my sister)
-candies and assorted crap
-socks, underwear
-beer mug from my nephew. Good lad.:thumbleft:

I wanted Space Invaders. ;)

Nah, she did it as sort of a joke because I had one almost just like it as a kid. Maybe I'll fire it up later on, if I can locate some batteries.

A pleasant day with the family and LOTS of Thomas the Tank Engine for the young fella.

Called out at 8.30 with the Fire Brigade for a young girl burnt in an accident.

You win some, you lose some.

Aww man. God I hate to hear about people burned. And a little girl. I'll pray for her, sweet thing.

A pleasant day with the family and LOTS of Thomas the Tank Engine for the young fella.

Called out at 8.30 with the Fire Brigade for a young girl burnt in an accident.

You win some, you lose some.
man you guys sure have a lot of fires causing injury cant remember the last time we had one here and its an area of 1/2 million

The BBQ was knocked over by the drunk uncle. She was in the way of the coals.

Heard from them last night, she is going to be ok.

Tip for you, as wierd as it sounds.

Put Cling Film in your First Aid kit.

With a burn victim, you immerse the burns in water for 10 - 15 minutes, depending on water temperature (watch out for Hypothermia with really cold water, it sets in FAST due to already being in shock), now thats not news.

It is when you get them out of the water that the trick starts.

Get their clothes off (not all of them, respect their decency) in the water, and as they come out wrap the burnt areas gently with the cling film quickly and wrap them in blankets.

Heres the trick

It is the oxygen hitting the burnt nerve endings that causes the extreme pain of a burn. By wrapping while wet, you prevent the oxygen from gaining access, thus lowering the victims pain level, and their level of shock.

It also prevents further tissue damage with deap burns and assists in recovery times for the victim.

but now you need to chill out man

Lanc, trust me, I have been doing this for long way enough not to carry baggage from incidents I attend. That one was small.

Chilled????? I got Blind Raving Drunk, after we made sure the young one was well asleep. Get it all out in one session and move on.

The past is dust, now is solid, the future isn't worth worrying about, it will probably never happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back