What do you do for a living?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heh....sounds about like my camera backpack. *g* My wife keeps telling me to just bring the lenses I need.....my reply is "yeah, but what if I need this one, too?" Ya just never know.

Cleaning up after the dog or the photogher....??? Sorry guy, I would have to go with Evan on this one. I hope that len does not disappear during the shoot? :lol: I have lens envey :twisted:

DBII

Heh....not of my lense, ya dont. My standard lense is a Quantaray 70-300mm, about twelve to fifteen years old. I desperately need a new one....Sigma's got a 50-500mm lense that I drool over every time I go to the camera shop (goin today to pick up some B&W infrared film I just had developed). I just can't seem to find that extra $1100 I had layin around....

Same here. I have been using my Cannon T series since 1985. My 300mm lens just cann not do the job. I have a 600mm lens but it is almost impossible to shoot a flying plane with it.

DBII

I picked up a doubler loooooooong ago, don't use it much. It gives more zoom, yes, but tends to throw the focus off a tad. Also have a 420-700mm manual-focus lense that is WONDERFUL, except planes tend to move a tad bit faster than I can manually focus/compose/shoot. That one only comes out for special occasions and static subjects. I think the last time I used it was back in '98, when they moved the USS Missouri over to Pearl Harbor. It anchored off the coast of Waikiki overnight before being pulled in to port the next day. I drove down with my then-girlfriend to see it, and ended up with the 700 on my camera. Had to back the lense out a little bit from full zoom with the doubler on the end! Dang. Now I'm gonna have to go dig out some of those pics....I happened to be in the shipyard the next day when they towed it in. The shipyard made a special allowance for cameras to be brought in, as long as nothing classified was recorded. I was able to use my 35mm lense to shoot the thing we were so close!

Sorry 'bout the thread hijack....

I am a technician working for a company that sell copy machine/Fax and printer ( all in one now, what we call "MFP").

I drive a medium-duty roll-off truck hauling 12-yard open-top dumpsters primarily for building sites. My truck is a 2007 Freightliner M2 Business Class with a Mercedes 6-cylinder diesel engine and a 6-speed Allison Automatic transmission, a locking differential, and a Stellar-Flex hook lift system for putting the dumpster on and off. I also am the operations manager and the dispatcher (we have one other truck).

Corrections Officer For the North Carolina Department of Corrections, In Wilmington NC. I take care of all the felons, baby sitting them making sure thee comfrotable doing TIME yea wright lol.

I used to practice law until I retired early to undertake to research military history for authors, but now I write the books myself ( one published and five more under commission ). Don't ask me their titles, though, or else I'd have to kill you !

Was in the Paras, then SF. When I left, spent 10 years as a technical rep, for the 'Big Yellow Box', in the professional photography/audio visual markets, then the graphics market. Made redundant, with many others worldwide, '92, and started in business with a friend, doing corporate hospitality/training events, themed around military SF practices. Onset of Rheumatoid Arthritis, from '96, slowed things down, until the point it got really bad, and had to pack it in at the end of last year. Now, carry on with the part-time aviation art business I started in early 90's, writing, and research. Hoping to have my first full novel published soon. Officially, retired due to disability. That's me!

Hmm... perhaps I was a bit obscure. I'm still in highschool, therefore am living with my parents, on a farm. One of the things I do is shovel the goat sh*t into a bucket for composting. I get $100 every other year for all the stuff I do, plus extra if we build a shed etc.

After retiring from the navy, became a Master Mechanic (called Auto Technicians now). Currently looking for work. Came back from vacation to a closed dealership.

I lived in Va Beach for a bunch of years while in the Navy.... Lived right off of Lynnhaven Parkway...

So did we. Lived right on the corner of Lynnhaven Parkway Woodbridge Trail right before Princess Anne Rd and on 29th Street Artic before that.

Take care,
C2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back