What Do Your Usernames Mean?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Roadblock.

The real roadblocks are those $%^&*wits towing caravans at 70-80kmh (45-50mph) in 100 and 110kmh (60-65) zones and wandering all over the road so it is difficult to safely pass. The only time I have seen those clowns speeding was on a recent trip to Brisband when the rain was so heavy that all the truckies and other intelligent drivers were crawling along under 50kmh and they were still doing 70-80. They don't even have the minimal brains needed to realise that when the professional drivers are going that slow and widely spaced then they should be doing the same.

Hi Roadblock.

The real roadblocks are those $%^&*wits towing caravans at 70-80kmh (45-50mph) in 100 and 110kmh (60-65) zones and wandering all over the road so it is difficult to safely pass. The only time I have seen those clowns speeding was on a recent trip to Brisband when the rain was so heavy that all the truckies and other intelligent drivers were crawling along under 50kmh and they were still doing 70-80. They don't even have the minimal brains needed to realise that when the professional drivers are going that slow and widely spaced then they should be doing the same.
so true

"manta22" wasn't what I asked for when I signed up on another forum; I asked for manta2 but that name was already taken.

MANTA2 was the California license plate number of a car that I own. It was the second factory-built prototype of their Manta Mirage, a copy of the McLaren M8 Can-Am race car.

Attachments

• Manta 2 Rear.jpg
    Manta 2 Rear.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 28
  • MANTA2 - Carmel 2.JPG
    MANTA2 - Carmel 2.JPG
    372.1 KB · Views: 30
I remember the Manta, they were made in Costa Mesa and Santa Ana.

A friend of mine had a Mirage but swapped out the Corvair transaxle for a renegotiated Toranado transaxle with an Olds TBI 455 V8.

I remember the Manta, they were made in Costa Mesa and Santa Ana.

A friend of mine had a Mirage but swapped out the Corvair transaxle for a renegotiated Toranado transaxle with an Olds TBI 455 V8.
Yes, Manta Cars started in Costa Mesa but their shop burned and took their first prototype Mirage with it. They moved to a really nice production facility in Santa Ana. This was my (now) car in their showroom in the early '80s with Brad & Tim LoVette.

Attachments

• Manta Cars 8 Showroom _ and Tim LoVette.jpg
    Manta Cars 8 Showroom _ and Tim LoVette.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
I may have seen that Olds Toronado- -powered Mirage at a Knotts Berry Farm car show in the '90s.:)
My friend had it when he lived in Anaheim, it was black with gold pinstriping and gold-tone Carrol Shelby basketweave wheels.

Not sure if/when he sold it, he still owned it when I moved from Anaheim to Redding back in 1990.

By the way, he bought it from Manta when they were down on Halliday street in Santa Ana, I beleive around 1983.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back