What Do Your Usernames Mean?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Must be the very oldest participant. ??

That you've gotta prove. There are a lot of really old farts on this board. There is a place to add your birth date. With that comes benifits such as, well, nothing really, but everyone will know how old you are.

And, welcome aboard. ALWAYS good to have newcomers. Post some of your builds so that all may see your handy work.
Where do you add birthday?? 85 last Sunday.

Up until recently we had WW2 vets on this forum, and some immediate post war vets as well. We had a forum member who flew missions over Germany in B-17s and one who even flew in B-36.
Great. My Dad was a Navy pilot WW2. one of my uncles flew B25's across North Africa and up through Italy to the end of the war. He taught me to fly when I was a teenager. Love those old WW2 vets.

My ID is one of my call signs while flying in SE Asia back in the 1960's. I was a Army Pilot.

I have been modeling WW2 Aircraft since the 1970's. Mostly 1/48 and 1/32 Allied aircraft. I have over 100 built on shelves in my garage and another 100 built back in their boxes.

I enjoy hearing young people discuss modeling as it seems to be fading out. Anyway, I am new here and finding my way. Must be the very oldest participant.

Cheers
Welcome! When were you in SE Asia? Were you fixed wing or helicopters?

Great. My Dad was a Navy pilot WW2. one of my uncles flew B25's across North Africa and up through Italy to the end of the war. He taught me to fly when I was a teenager. Love those old WW2 vets.

My dad was an old Huey guy. He joined during Vietnam, but was lucky and ended up in Germany instead. Didn't deploy until the Gulf War. I wanted Hueys when I joined but they were phasing them out and ended up with Blackhawks. I was a back seater crew chief/door gunner/glorified flight attendant though, and did not learn to actually fly until I got out.

Welcome aboard from a not so old fart - I'm only 70.
Hello I don't remember 70. You will understand when you catch up with me. That is a nice collection of aircraft. Did you build those? All my built models are on shelves out in my garage covered in dust. No other modelers in family including grand and great grand kiddos. I am presently slowly working on a 1977 Matchbox 1/32 scale SBD. Practically no detail on this thing. I built one back in the '80's finished it in French markings. Did a lot of cockpit detail on that one. I think on of the grandkids took it but I have some old pics of it.
Keep up the good work. Cheers 14B

Hello I don't remember 70. You will understand when you catch up with me. That is a nice collection of aircraft. Did you build those? All my built models are on shelves out in my garage covered in dust. No other modelers in family including grand and great grand kiddos. I am presently slowly working on a 1977 Matchbox 1/32 scale SBD. Practically no detail on this thing. I built one back in the '80's finished it in French markings. Did a lot of cockpit detail on that one. I think on of the grandkids took it but I have some old pics of it.
Keep up the good work. Cheers 14B
Pictures would be nice. Get the dust off and show your work. I know it has been a while but still. Always nice to see a guy making an effort to build a model. And please show us what you are working on now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back