What Do Your Usernames Mean?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I compete in Black Powder Cartridge Rifle Silhouette matches and shoot a Winchester model 1885, nicknamed the High Wall.
We shoot out to 500 meters using single shot rifles chambered for Black Powder cartridges as used by the buffalo hunters of the 1870's -1880's. Thus Win1885.
Tom I.

Hi.
My user name dates back to the early fifties when I worked on Lincolns and the Canberra's with 617 Squadron. (The Dam Busters) We also took the Canberra's to Malaya for 6 months, dropping thousand pound bombs on the terrs. I was also thirty years with Air Cadets as a Warrant Officer. I also look after aircraft at the local aviation museum, I am at present working on a Link Trainer. I also helpmy wife breeding miniature poodles. Not bad for 80 next birthday!

Ken

Hello to everybody.
Saetta (Lightning) was on of the first italian monoplane fighters of ww2.
Was not as good as his younger bros, the macch mc 202 Folgore and the macchi mc 205 Veltro, maybe, but was solid and trustable.
was one of the 2 kinds of planes my dad used to fly with in ww2.
The other one was tha magical biplane Fiat cr 42 Falco.
But dad used to say that the Saetta was a good airplane.
That's why my nick is saetta: 1966 is the year I was born.
Ciao

Attachments

• mc200_riarmo.jpg
    mc200_riarmo.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Think that I've posted here before....but Lucky13 is because, I think that 13 has undeserved bad reputation. :D And since I joined here, I've developed a slight addiction, some may say obsession about aircraft etc., numbered '13'...

Hello to everybody.
Saetta (Lightning) was on of the first italian monoplane fighters of ww2.
Was not as good as his younger bros, the macch mc 202 Folgore and the macchi mc 205 Veltro, maybe, but was solid and trustable.
was one of the 2 kinds of planes my dad used to fly with in ww2.
The other one was tha magical biplane Fiat cr 42 Falco.
But dad used to say that the Saetta was a good airplane.
That's why my nick is saetta: 1966 is the year I was born.
Ciao
beautiful picture

Hi. Just joined the forum. My user name is french slang for"little Louis" (petit Louis) Was called this as a young boy and close friends in later life.

I Joined the forum because of an old post I encountered concerning a mosquito flying under the Eiffel tower. The pilot is real and still alive, the father of a good friend. I am in the process of building a model of his mosquito night figther.

Welcome to the forums Tioui!

Your Mosquito project sounds like a good one, and you should post some progress shots of it in the modelling forum, I know alot of the guys there will be wanting to see it!

My name comes from examples of project management. As a kid I liked P-61 Black Widows because it looked cool. I also liked He 219 Uhu. Later though I got into project management and I got to thinking about night fighters in general. Here each nation had a problem, how to shoot down planes at night. Each country's night fighter represents their unique approach to solving the problem. It became fascinating to read the history of each plane and see how those projects were managed looking at what worked and what didn't. Each plane now represents an approach to project management. Therefore I'm a nut for night fighters or Night Fighter Nut. :)

Yes there is a certain fearsome demeanor about those dark fighters, I agree

I am in a virtual squadron known as the BSS. We fly mainly corsairs, but will fly what ever the map requires. The name "Ashmun", is in respect to Cpt. George Ashmun of the origonal VMF-214 that was kia just before Maj. Boyington was shot down captured.

The first link is the squad's home page, the second is a memorial to Maj. Boyington, and the airfield named after him here in Idaho.

Black Sheep Squadron
Welcome to Facebook

BSS_Ashmun

The original Fastmongrel was a motorbike. I built up a Aermacchi 350cc classic racer it was fast but prone to breaking down halfway through a race. It was built up from parts I bought at race meetings and jumbles. Nothing matched hence the mongrel part of the name.

It was fast as air cooled push rod single cylinder classic motorbikes went but it used to get blown into the weeds by the horrible 2 stroke Yamahas which made up a large portion of the classic lightweight grid.

Oggie short for RAF Auxiliary (dont know how that came about!)
2620 because I was on 2620 Sqn RAF Regt when I started an aol account long ago and I like the combination of Oggie2620!
Cabbagey I know but hey Im a female I dont have to be logical! :D

Boris is the 2nd Siberian Husky we rescued and the only one left. We got him as a pup, beat up pretty bad, a real fixer-upper. Because his pelvis was broken and never set, his ability to exercise is somewhat limited....hence fatboris because he's shaped like a barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back