What I did during my Server vacation

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
So I had some time to kill. I noticed that the County I work for is having Heritage days at a local park throughout the summer and this past Sunday was a WWII Encampment with displays and re-enactors present. Also attending was a display from the Battleship New Jersey (there was an inside joke going about what 'BB' meant for 'BB 61" - apparently the Italian workers at the shipyard shouted 'Whata bigga boat!"). There were also book signings by George Warple who served in WWII and Peter Fantacone who stormed Omaha Beach along with Robert Buchanon who not only survived WWII but was also a Hindenburg disaster survivor. Got to talk with these guys and checked out all the stuff around. The re-enactors had a jeep and a Weasel on display along with all the equipment that one GI would have to carry into battle. The website for them is here:

78th Infantry Division WWII Living History Association

and the books are from:

Sharon Wells Wagner - author artist

I didn't bring a camera but I grabbed some pics from the websites to show. And these guys will all be at the Reading show a few of us will be attending in a few weeks. All in all, a great time away from the forum! :)

Attachments

• 78th001.jpg
    78th001.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 78th002.jpg
    78th002.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 78th003.jpg
    78th003.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 158
  • wells001.jpg
    wells001.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 160
No camera??? Dude...I'm disappointed in you! :lol: Seriously, though, looks like an awesome weekend!!! Wish I could find something like that around here...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back