"What If..." P-65 from AMT 1/48 Tigercat FINISHED

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hawkeye2an

Staff Sergeant
Mar 18, 2009
St Joseph, Missouri
Posted the build in the start to finish. Thought I'd put the finished product here as well. My local club's contest this month is "What If.." so I built as if the USAAC accepted the Tigercat and changed to Merlins. The kit started as an AMT 1/48 Tigercat.

Attachments

• P-65done3.jpg
    P-65done3.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 194
  • P-65done7.jpg
    P-65done7.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 204
  • P-65done2.jpg
    P-65done2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 189
Thanks for the comments guys. I posted these on another forum and got many RUDE comments. Here, at least if you don't like the idea of messing with a classic, you can appreciate the work that went into it. I have always felt that the hobby was supposed to be fun. I had a REAL FUN time building this one.

Thanks for the comments guys. I posted these on another forum and got many RUDE comments. Here, at least if you don't like the idea of messing with a classic, you can appreciate the work that went into it. I have always felt that the hobby was supposed to be fun. I had a REAL FUN time building this one.

I saw that Mungo guys comment...>A$$hole

One of the reasons I stopped going to the local IPMS meetings - too many 'anoraks' stuck with all the latest fads of pre-shading this, post shading that and other nonsense, when most of them hadn't even seen the real aircraft in question. Di**wits !!!

It originated with 'train spotters' at British rail stations, collecting train numbers. Back a few years ago (ok, a lot of years ago!), they used to wear those nylon anoraks against the wind and cold. Ever since, anyone who spouts off all the technicalties, on weapons, aircraft, cars or whatever, but has never used the said piece, or been involved 'for real', is called an 'anorak'. Good one isn't it?

Very nice model! And a good term to remember, Terry - "anorak". I tend to use the term "BUA Syndrome" to describe such types - which translates as "Bug Up A** Syndrome". The sort of person who tells you that rivet number 28 on longeron 5 is in the wrong place on your model. At any rate, hawkeye2an, nice to see another KC Chiefs fan on the site (or who at least admits to it - not to worry though, things are looking up for them; now way to go but up!).

Venganza

See hawk, I don't know what famous planes reputations you may have jeopardized but I really don't care if you did. It looks great and you had fun making it. You are the modeler and you paid for the plastic and can do whatever you desire. Tell your haters to go find a corner and cry.

Maglar pretty much summed it up. And you can tell by looking at the model that you really did have fun with it, unrestrained by accuracy issues. Some people just don't get what-ifs, do they? It's like getting bent out of shape over time-travel contradictions in a Star Trek episode – er, it's not real, it's science-fiction.

I really like it Hawkeye.
thumbs.png

See hawk, I don't know what famous planes reputations you may have jeopardized but I really don't care if you did. It looks great and you had fun making it. You are the modeler and you paid for the plastic and can do whatever you desire. Tell your haters to go find a corner and cry.

Thanks for the comments you GET IT !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back