What if?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow, those last two were pointless. :thumbright:

QUOTE]

Eeexxxaaccttly. This thread is entirely too intellectual. With the likelihood that I will shortly have a beer in my hand I will be further handicapped this holiday weekend. I think I'll sit this one out, gents.

What I meant with Canada was, the French populace provided people to breed. With them expelled would Canada have the population to become what it is? I don't doubt that Canada would have achieved it's indepedance eventually, but would Canada have the manpower to lend support in 1812, 1914 or 1939?
Ah, gotcha. Hmmm, good point to consider, actually. Well, if we'd somehow still managed to remain free from an American takeover in the War of 1812, I think we'd still have developed, just with a much smaller population. We'd still have lent what support we could during the wars, but I don't have any idea how effective the support would have really been or what difference it would have made. That's a very good point to consider though, about the population. :-k

As a much more sparsley populated frontier like that (and it was already pretty sparse), I think it likely that the western areas of present day Alberta, Saskatchewan, etc. would have eventually been taken by the US. Maybe even as far east as north-western Ontario. All assuming that it wasn't simply annexed outright, of course.

To be honest, I reckon the U.S would have aimed to conquer Canada out-right. And in 1812, Great Britain was more concerned with Napoleon than the Americas. Without a larger Canadian population protecting the borders, the U.S might have made 1812 another victory over the British.

Or, could the English government have forced the "Iron Duke" to go to Canada (as they requested in reality) which would have been a turning point in that war. After all, one man can change history...

What would've happened if Thomas Edison was correct and Nikolai Tesla was wrong and alternating current was impossible meaning electricity could not be moved long distances

I think it should be made clear that these "what ifs" should be plausible. The fact that AC does exist cannot be altered. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Things like; what if Alexander the Greats bodyguard was a second later? (he saved the life of the king from a second axe blow from a Persian in the first great battle).

Or what if Varus was a competant commander, and the day autumn was dry in 9 A.D?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back