What If...?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How easy to do a blitz thru France if the Fr/Brit/Belgians etc had thousands and thousands of these?Just curious.

Questions marks? Maybe they had to just keep asking the Wehrmacht "Why?" over and over again to irritate them into submission.

That would have been interesting, if they had an effective personal AT weapon in the early war years. But it wouldn't have stopped the German advance through the West. Most of the attacks were across open land, no where for the infantry to hide. The Wehrmacht was just too fast for the Allies who, aside from the British, were thinking in terms of World War I positional warfare.

The French thought it best to stay in their fortifications, along with the Belgians. None had studied Napoleon, I assume, because he stated "He who stays in his fortifications, loses."

Here's an interesting What-if?
What if the Germans had gotten their jet going a little earlier? The Heinkel He 178 that is.
condor_he-178v1.jpg

Which Jet? They had many. I do not think it would have changed the outcome of the war any. The allies were pummeling the German production capability and the engines on the Me-262 (I presume that is the one you are talking about ) were not very reliable. Now if they could have gotten the Ta-183 and the Messerschmitt P.1011 as early as lets say 1943 then maybe they could have done something.

That's not what my history teacher told me.. he said the jet did fly during WWII, but never entered combat. Maybe I should get an award for "most misinformed".. or just "most clueless"

I do not mean to be abbrasive here to you, and I do not wish to offend you here but the Me-262 saw combat in WW2. Your History Teacher is full of shit and you can tell him that I said that. I will give you my address if you like so he can write me and I can tell him personally.

The Me-262 shot down numerous B-17's, B-24's and P-51D's. Not only did the Me-262 see combat, the He-162 also saw combat, and so did the Ar-232 jet bomber. The Me-163 even though it was not a jet but rather a rocket plane also saw combat and shot down allied aircraft. The British Meteor also saw combat even though it did not see air to air. It attacked some German convoys I believe over Belgium.

The Me-262 shot down about 150 aircraft in WW2. On March 18, 1945 alone Me-262's shot down 12 bombers and 1 fighter.

before you go any further on the site is there anything that we can prove your history teacher wrong on? he better not've insulted the lancaster or i'd personally come over there and bitch slap into the middle of next week ;)

is the story of churchill being in the Nelson when a type 2 tried to torpedo it accurate?what if the germ had good torpedos(like the long lance)I know the lance was 24 inch dia.not 21 inch like germ torp.but couldn't they modify their subs for this?what effect overall for the period before spring 43 when u-boats crushed by allied ASW????

As a history teacher, tell him or her the same thing. Gawd, it just gets my panties in a wad when I hear of teachers doing this crap! I may not know every little aspect of WWII but I can at least teach the basics correctly and truthfully and if I have a doubt I research.

GRRRRRR :evil:

:{)

DerAdlerIstGelandet said:
I do not mean to be abbrasive here to you, and I do not wish to offend you here but the Me-262 saw combat in WW2. Your History Teacher is full of sh*t and you can tell him that I said that. I will give you my address if you like so he can write me and I can tell him personally.

i remember getting into a bit of a debate with my history teacher infront of the class over which was better, the Pz. kpwf IV or the T-34-85, the debate stoped when the head of year walked in, the teacher told him the disscussion and he says "the T-34? that was a russian tank wasn't it? that's as much as i know on the subject", me and CC couldn't help but correct our teacher when he was trying to teach us about the battle of britain :lol:.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back