What is Irans military capibilites?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hunter368

Tech Sergeant
Nov 5, 2005
Winnipeg
How good is its military? plz explain as much as you like or can. Why is there talk about a possable nuclear attack on Iran when I never heard of any considerations in Iraq of such a attack (unless I just missed it).

Thanks

The fruitcake that heads Iran is talking about nuking Israel not being nuked. When the Israelis are ready they'll take out Iran's nuclear facilities just like they did Iraq's. None of the arab nations even combined have been able to defeat litle Israel in combat. They can't fight! Embarassing.

Twitch said:
The fruitcake that heads Iran is talking about nuking Israel not being nuked. When the Israelis are ready they'll take out Iran's nuclear facilities just like they did Iraq's. None of the arab nations even combined have been able to defeat litle Israel in combat. They can't fight! Embarassing.

Twitch I am talking about USA's talk (Bush) about a possable nuclear attack on Iran, to be exact their nuclear facility. Why nuclear attack on them? why not air strike or cruise missiles etc.

The only pre-emptive action aganist Iran will be to neautrize its ability to make nuclear weapons and that will be a conventional strike. I think a nuclear strike against them is a bit premature. I see a nuclear strike against Iran only if they conduct a pre-emptive nuclar strike. I see their military about the same as Iraq before the first Gulf War....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_Iran

there will not be any nuclear attack on Iran it will be conventional when and if it will come. Like Twitch said most likely Israel is just flanching at the bit getting materails in order.

as for the military they are still in the stone age with modern day weapons. personally we will not get entirely out of Iraq as the gun-ho approcah of the Iraqui military is far from being ready to discipline their countrymen when need be. Honorable it appears through the media but not ready

There is no question the US could wipe the floor with Iran in a straight fight. But Iran wont do a straight fight for all it's talking, or it certainly wont limit itself to that. It will use it's favoured technique of terrorism, and will use the entire regions general disdain for the US to it's advantage in gathering suicidal volunteers. The US can't really afford more negative publicity from another war or even attack, and any attack is not going to be able to take out Irans nuclear capability, maybe only delay it at best.

I doubt whether even Israel could pull off the air strike successfully though. Iran does have some pretty advanced air defences from Russia like S300s which they got recently, but luckily not many of them yet. They will have to operate at the furthest limits of their range. Better to use a cruise missile attack, or better yet a small team of sabotuers. The Iranians will be totally expecting an air attack though, since that's what everyone has been talking about.
Knowing how wily and cunning the Israelis are I would try and do anything but that. Perhaps careful intelligence (which the Israelies are known as being rather good at) to pinpoint the major locations that need to be shutdown, then simultaneous raids via Sub launched cruise missile, a feint air raid or two perhaps also launching cruise missiles and commando raids, along with random preplaced bombs in odd locations to cause confusion.
Or else locate their top nuclear scientists and kill them all off one by one or simultaneously, they will have to go home at some point, not very nice, but it gets the job done, never really bothered Israel before either, I'll bet you could even make it look like an accident or disease as well, that way they will know but can't confirm, and you can play the 'god is killing them because they are doing wrong' card to confuse and scare the ordinary godfearing people.

Time for a few original ideas rather than more limited, risky, ineffective airstrikes or costly, unpopular conventional war.

interesting you have then special intel to bae your statements ? we knew in Israel in 1980 that Iran was building nuclear facilities but did not let on to the world for good reason. Believe it Israel knows precisely what is going on over on her neighbors turf and could easily take the appropriate action...........when the time comes

If we ever get past this era of mullahs and ayatolahs the young majority population in Iran will one day reject all that mumbo jumbo crap as they are quite western in their overall outlook. This area is home to many Persian people and they communicate with family there. I've known many for years and am certain one day the dogmatic religious figures with a stranglehold on the country will be defeated. Problem is when. Certainly not before the nuts build a nuke.

I say nuke them and get it over with. They are just a bunch of idiots anyway, why take the chance and leave them for now. OR, the Israelis should bomb the Nuclear facility's and get it over with. Iraq never had such weapons, it was just the idiot Bush thinking they had. There are many other things behind the Iraq story, but it is now only one big thorn up Bush's ass.

Henk

It was quite obvious that Iraq had chemical weapons because he used gas against the Kurds in the '80s. And it's obvious he had the missiles to launch such a weapon against his neighbours. It is not hard to attach an anthrax warhead to a Scud and send it at Tel Aviv.

Iran has plenty of 'modern' weaponary, such as the F-14 and AH-1J but they don't have any trained engineers or spares to maintain them.

If they do, there must be like two at the most. And that'll only be in extremely special occasions. Like once a year ... if you're lucky. I'm sure the US would like to get its hands on those 200 AH-1Js sat around not doing anything in Iran though.

I think the USA will attack after they get some more experice hunting disel subs,

For almost a year the US Navy has been hunting a Swedish submarine, the HMS Gotland, off America's west coast.

The hunt is, of course, a one year training programme - but the Americans now want to extend the contract with the Swedish Navy.

Time after time, as part of the Americans' training in tracking down smaller vessels, the Swedish submarine and its crew have eluded their pursuers.

The programme started last summer but the US Navy has said that it would like to hire the Swedish submarine and crew for another year, reported the newspaper Blekinge Läns Tidning.

That is good news as far as the Swedish submarine flotilla is concerned, and it has already requested the government's permission to continue.

"Both the Americans and ourselves are interested in a continuation," said Jens Plambeck, chief of staff at the First Submarine Flotilla in Karlskrona.

The key to the HMS Gotland's success is the Stirling engines which allow the submarine to remain underwater for a unusually long time.

the Swedish submarine and its crew have eluded their pursuers.
And so have every other country that runs diesels against the Americans... Its not too hard for a diesel to elude a nuc....
The key to the HMS Gotland's success is the Stirling engines which allow the submarine to remain underwater for a unusually long time.
No the key is the fact that electric MOTORS are alot quieter than nuclear reactors.... Usually, the way u get a diesel is when they're snorting, but NS is the professional here...

U know, u are unrealistically pumping ur own countries weapons pal... U sure ur not alittle biased???????

well i think they wont attack before they gett a hang on it, and mabye you should look the sterling engine up before you comment on it like that.

Well i have to pump hehe and yeah mabye unrealistically for some

/Skål

lesofprimus said:
And so have every other country that runs diesels against the Americans... Its not too hard for a diesel to elude a nuc....No the key is the fact that electric MOTORS are alot quieter than nuclear reactors.... Usually, the way u get a diesel is when they're snorting, but NS is the professional here...

U know, u are unrealistically pumping ur own countries weapons pal... U sure ur not alittle biased???????

Why is that Les b/c everything he talks about is Swedish this and Swedish that on every thread I have seen that he has posted on? lol

I think people have been pretty patient so far.......... including yourself.

tick ... tock ... tick ... tock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back