What is Irans military capibilites?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

i just tell what i think about gripen, i dont get why you bug me about that sub im prettý sure the US Navy hired the SWEDUSH :) sub to get there sonar and stuff uptodate so they can take care of Iran and North Korea, and we are allways willing to help.

ozumn said:
i just tell what i think about gripen, i dont get why you bug me about that sub im prettý sure the US Navy hired the SWEDUSH :) sub to get there sonar and stuff uptodate so they can take care of Iran and North Korea, and we are allways willing to help.

No I dont think we are waiting for that. As a member of the US military I believe we are waiting until the time is right. Right now we are spread to thin.

ozumn said:
I think the USA will attack after they get some more experice hunting disel subs,

For almost a year the US Navy has been hunting a Swedish submarine, the HMS Gotland, off America's west coast.

The hunt is, of course, a one year training programme - but the Americans now want to extend the contract with the Swedish Navy.

Time after time, as part of the Americans' training in tracking down smaller vessels, the Swedish submarine and its crew have eluded their pursuers.

The programme started last summer but the US Navy has said that it would like to hire the Swedish submarine and crew for another year, reported the newspaper Blekinge Läns Tidning.

That is good news as far as the Swedish submarine flotilla is concerned, and it has already requested the government's permission to continue.

"Both the Americans and ourselves are interested in a continuation," said Jens Plambeck, chief of staff at the First Submarine Flotilla in Karlskrona.

The key to the HMS Gotland's success is the Stirling engines which allow the submarine to remain underwater for a unusually long time.
I was in a P-3 squadron. Right now ASW warfare is becoming a lost art because subs are no longer perceived as a major threat. One of our intelligence officers once told me that someday when the threat is real the US will be in a big rush to retrain crews to perform ASW operations. In the mean time the exercises like those with Gotland are keeping the ASW art alive.

With or without the Gotland US Navy ASW squadrons will lean to track anything put in the ocean - they did it for 40 years during the cold war and they'll continue to do it into the 21st century....

yeah guess it was a waist of time going there and a waist of money spend from the US Navy.

I'm sure the exercise was of value to both sides a good coastal submarine would make a change of pace for American ASW and the good coastal sub faced different challenges from working in the shallow Baltic both sides probably gained experience and its probably a whole lot cheaper to rent the sub then send P3s and crews away TD

and a waist of money spend from the US Navy.
San Diego i think it was and sorry for the bad spelling.
Training like what ur talking about here is not a waste of time or money at all... In reality, the US Navy spends far too little time in actual combat operations...

I was correcting ur spelling to help u out, so there's no need to apologize u Swedish Meatball.... Waist is ur midsection or beltline, waste is to use, consume, or expend thoughtlessly...

You mustn`t be so hard to the Swedes. They havent been in combat since the early 1800.

FLYBOYJ said:
I was in a P-3 squadron. Right now ASW warfare is becoming a lost art because subs are no longer perceived as a major threat. One of our intelligence officers once told me that someday when the threat is real the US will be in a big rush to retrain crews to perform ASW operations. In the mean time the exercises like those with Gotland are keeping the ASW art alive.

With or without the Gotland US Navy ASW squadrons will lean to track anything put in the ocean - they did it for 40 years during the cold war and they'll continue to do it into the 21st century....

I have heard that some of the modern conventional subs can be very quiet and capable. I am concerned that a solo strike could do some damage. A destroyed nuclear aircraft carrier would make quite a statement. Of course I don't know the capability of the anti-sub hunters.

speaking of the mid-east what is this about al-Zarkawi getting toasted today by an Allied airstrike ? If so he was a marked man and it was just a matter of time before ................ blllllllllllllllllllllltttttttttttttt ........... ? poof

Users who are viewing this thread

Back