What is the Best Beer in the World Poll

What is the best beer?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I really haven't found a foreign beer that cuts through the heat like Canadian domestic brews . Certainly nothing from the UK as their brews taste best when slightly colder than warm and Euro beers are far to heavy . But something to note is when people of Euro extraction don't buy the very brews you champion which are readily available but buy the domestic brews

What domestic brews are you talking about? Sorry I just did not understand what you were saying. Maybe its because its late...

Euros atleast where I am from, drink the local beer of the town they live in. Which are all for the most part great beers. Like I live in a town of about 3000 and about a 2 minute walk from my house is the local brewery. Lichtenauer Hauff and it is damn good! Most beers in Germany would be considered micro breweries in the states they are made in the towns and sold only in the surrounding areas.

Almost every town or "county" has its own beer.

Just thought that I'd finish this discussion once and for all folks....:lol: :lol:
THIS is the ultimate beer!
homebrew.jpg

Not to drag things out but....
"I think most people have bought in to Budweiser's propaganda - that beer is supposed to be transparent, and nearly flavorless.

It also seems that most people are very habitual when it comes to their beer of choice. They drink Bud Light without exception, or they drink Miller Lite without exception, etc. These people have never had Heineken, or Amstel, or Urquell, and they aren't really inclined to try it, either. So I don't think it's as easy as a simple marginal utility question.

I think it largely depends on the customer, and their particular elasticity of demand for beer. A connoisseur can hardly be induced to drink Bud Light all night long, no matter what the price is - and your run-of-the-mill Joe Sixpack will be very reluctant to venture outside his comfort zone."

I'd choose a better comfort zone.....like Guinness or any German/Czech beer.

In the past 2 weeks I've had the opportunity to have a beer with several different european folks that were over working on the 109 and I said it must be terrible having to drink Canadian beer knowing what you are missing back home and they replied that they thought it was" very good and that they quite enjoyed it" . I think what we have here is pure and simple Euro brew snobbery . :D you guys act like our taste buds were ripped out . The fact being water makes up the largest part of beer and if I wanted to drink clean or good water Europe would be far down on the list

Leffe Blonde (no contest)

Duvel @ #2

Real Budweiser @ #3

Re above comment we drank Propellor Porter while in Canadia and were stunned how good it was - one of the best bottled porters I've ever drunk, the average lager-beer was mostly pretty poor to our tastes and the less said about the clones of English ale the better!

In the past 2 weeks I've had the opportunity to have a beer with several different european folks that were over working on the 109 and I said it must be terrible having to drink Canadian beer knowing what you are missing back home and they replied that they thought it was" very good and that they quite enjoyed it" . I think what we have here is pure and simple Euro brew snobbery . :D you guys act like our taste buds were ripped out . The fact being water makes up the largest part of beer and if I wanted to drink clean or good water Europe would be far down on the list

WTF are you talking about! Just because someone likes your beer does not mean that Euro beer sucks.

Its called personal taste....

Get over it.

I have tried Canadian beers too and found them to be pretty good as well, I still like German, Irish and Czech beer much better though.

You go a little south of Canada though and they dont know how to make beer...:lol:

Im going to the local fest tonight and drink some nice 1 liter beers in the large fest tent with some nice live music playing. Going to be fun.

When I was finally of drinking age, 18 was the legal age in New York state waaaaayyy back then, I though Canadian beer and ale especially LaBatts and Molsons outdid most every thing we brewed in the States but folks I've got to tell you something. I have seen (or tasted) the error of my ways. I have been converted, and I see the path to true enlightenment! I went to Germany on vacation 4 years in a row (it was nice working for an airline) and tried some different Pilseners and I couldn't believe the difference. Smooth, mellow and no after bite like Bud. Here in the U.S.A. we like our beer COLD!!! the frostier the mug the better - right? All that does is kill the taste. Try drinking it at room temp or slightly less. What's it taste like? Bud tastes like sick panther pi*s. Now drink a German Pils at that temp and you'll see the difference. I vote for Pils.

When I was finally of drinking age, 18 was the legal age in New York state waaaaayyy back then, I though Canadian beer and ale especially LaBatts and Molsons outdid most every thing we brewed in the States but folks I've got to tell you something. I have seen (or tasted) the error of my ways. I have been converted, and I see the path to true enlightenment! I went to Germany on vacation 4 years in a row (it was nice working for an airline) and tried some different Pilseners and I couldn't believe the difference. Smooth, mellow and no after bite like Bud. Here in the U.S.A. we like our beer COLD!!! the frostier the mug the better - right? All that does is kill the taste. Try drinking it at room temp or slightly less. What's it taste like? Bud tastes like sick panther pi*s. Now drink a German Pils at that temp and you'll see the difference. I vote for Pils.

Good man and I agree with you, except that it has to be bit colder than room temp.

Hey Der Adler!!! I'm sending you another "Amerikaner beer" drinker to convert! My boss and his wife are coming through Germany on Friday on their way to Aviono. I told him he most definitely had to stop some where in Germany and ask for a Pils.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back