WHAT IS THE BEST BEER?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheddar, when I was living in Devon in the UK, we used to get plastic drums of Scrumpy from a farmer up the road. If you haven't had scrumpy, don't even talk about cider!

It's home-made, rough cider that will do you after a couple of pints. Great stuff!

Same here, but theres scrumpy, and theres home brewed scrumpy that is sold in small farm shops and the like, which is about £5 for 500ml...thats the good stuff...

CC, I don't mind Strongbow at all. I kinda like the stuff actually. I've never had the honour of trying Scrumpy though. They try to make a good cider locally here, but fail miserably. Golden Glow. Christ, is that stuff putrid! God! :mad:

It's effectionately known as "Colon Blow" by many.

nd where'd you live in Devon? me and CC live on the correct side of the Tamar :lol: although i'm more proud of it than him :rolleyes: westcountry- the home of cider in the UK!

nd where'd you live in Devon? me and CC live on the correct side of the Tamar :lol: although i'm more proud of it than him :rolleyes: westcountry- the home of cider in the UK!

Exeter and Morchard Bishop - one of the best places I've ever lived, the people were great! So was the beer - The Old Malt Scoop in Lapford was my favourite - Cotleigh's! Beautiful stuff!

Pffft speak for yourself, when we move in the next couple of years we're going to Devon because its simply better there. Except I'll probably be in University halls by the time we actually sell this place ;)

There are good beers and not so good beers - think it depends on your mood. I'm partial to sam adams brews, killians, guinness on occasion - but love the local brews much more. Best thing that's happened to beer since it's creation.

Anything that's been pasteurised you can keep - it's crap.

The best beer is FREE beer!
th_beer.gif

Yeah, but where is that? I'm not aware that Utopia had a street address.

You never crashed another units party? There's always free beer and food, plus you didn't pay the unit dues! It's a win-win for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back