What is the best rifle of WWII?

Which rifle is the Best?

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

some countries have placed restrictions on the sale of "gang" knives to minors. We're getting off topic here i suspect.

Fired the SKS a bit way back in the 80s. Found it a very easy rifle to use. Good all around weapon, not spectacular, but worked well. Only thing that bothered me was that stripper clip. Annoying to use. Found mags much simpler and user friendly.

No surprise. Even the 5-round strip for Mausers requires a great deal of practice.

No surprise. Even the 5-round strip for Mausers requires a great deal of practice.

Have used those with an M1917 and your right about that. They just don't go fast. Kind of a pain in the ass. One more check in the column for Mags.

The difference between the Mauser and the Lee Enfield was once described to me like this - 'the Germans designed a rifle that could shoot but the Brits built a rifle that could kill'. Like most German stuff the Mauser is a real good peice of engineering and like most British stuff the Lee Enfield is a no nonsense design that gets the job done. I love my .303's. I even have a Savage manufactured No 4 in the collection. Must've been a good rifle if the yanks produced them under licence. Anyhows...just my two cents worth.

The difference between the Mauser and the Lee Enfield was once described to me like this - 'the Germans designed a rifle that could shoot but the Brits built a rifle that could kill'. Like most German stuff the Mauser is a real good peice of engineering and like most British stuff the Lee Enfield is a no nonsense design that gets the job done. I love my .303's. I even have a Savage manufactured No 4 in the collection. Must've been a good rifle if the yanks produced them under licence. Anyhows...just my two cents worth.

And the yanks also stole the design for the Mauser and called it the "Springfield," even though they weren't fooling anybody.

Which says volumes about both weapons, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back