What is your favourite city in the world?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Medvedya

Master Sergeant
Nov 9, 2004
Bristol, UK
Of places I've been to so far, I'd say Prague is up there. Fantastic architecture - beautiful parks, markets, bars and restaurants.

Maestro said:
I didn't went very far... yet. So I have to say either Toronto or Halifax.

I'm sure NS won't argue for Halifax, eh ? ;)
Well naturally. :rolleyes:

:lol: I'll be honest with you, I do love Halifax. I've been to some nice cities in the world, and some right here in Canada, but Halifax is just the place for me. Mind you, I'm more of a small town boy anyway. Halifax ain't for everyone. It's relatively slow paced, but that suits me fine.
Victoria, BC is a beautiful little city too. Toronto is nice, and I like Montréal even though many people don't seem to.

I have to say that the most beautiful, well kept city I've been to so far has been Dubai in the UAE. It's very modern and growing fast, yet retains it's Middle Eastern flare. The money in that town is staggering! It really shows too. And the resort hotels! Man!

Hmm, tough one. St.Petersburg was cool...but I love Charlotte in North Carolina. Odd choice I know, but it's the biggest American city Ive been to and I really liked it. Prague is cool, and Bilbao in Spain is great to just roam around too. I also like London...

Well, I cant choose a favourite, but the ones Ive listed are definitely ones Id go to again! :lol:

Nonskimmer said:
Maestro said:
I didn't went very far... yet. So I have to say either Toronto or Halifax.

I'm sure NS won't argue for Halifax, eh ? ;)
Well naturally. :rolleyes:

:lol: I'll be honest with you, I do love Halifax. I've been to some nice cities in the world, and some right here in Canada, but Halifax is just the place for me. Mind you, I'm more of a small town boy anyway. Halifax ain't for everyone. It's relatively slow paced, but that suits me fine.
Victoria, BC is a beautiful little city too. Toronto is nice, and I like Montréal even though many people don't seem to.

I have to say that the most beautiful, well kept city I've been to so far has been Dubai in the UAE. It's very modern and growing fast, yet retains it's Middle Eastern flare. The money in that town is staggering! It really shows too. And the resort hotels! Man!

In Dubai, doesnt the maximum rating for a hotel go up to 7 stars?

I'm always a bit in two minds about London, as at one point I lived there part-time, it is exciting, and there's no end to the things you can do there, but when you're stuck between stations on a crowded tube train in the middle of summer with your face inches away from a sweaty armpit then the 'Dick Whittington syndrome' begins to wear thin at bit!

In short, it's a great place when you have some money, but if you're strapped it's unbearably miserable there.

Medvedya said:
I'm always a bit in two minds about London, as at one point I lived there part-time, it is exciting, and there's no end to the things you can do there, but when you're stuck between stations on a crowded tube train in the middle of summer with your face inches away from a sweaty armpit then the 'Dick Whittington syndrome' begins to wear thin at bit!

In short, it's a great place when you have some money, but if you're strapped it's unbearably miserable there.

My feeling when I go back to NY

Well I went to Yeovile today Lanc FAA museum got quite a bit of info on the stringbag and a pile of pics.
Off too Duxford tomorrow and im toying with a flight in a Tiger Moth. £189 for 30 mins is a bit steep though but its the closest to a Swordfish Ill ever get
as all the stringbag pilots trained in them.
Anyway I digress My favorite city is Rome Closley followed by Luxor

Hmmmm...

Lisbon, Portugal was great.... Been to Amsterdam 4 times, 3 times as a Sailor... New York City is my old stomping grounds... Palma de Mallorca, in the Med off the Coast of Spain, was a fantasyland..... And of course, the East side of Trieste, Italy, was just gourgeous....

Those are probably my Top 5 in no order whatsoever.... Too tough to pick only 1....

cheddar cheese said:
In Dubai, doesnt the maximum rating for a hotel go up to 7 stars?
Yep. The Burj Al Arab hotel there is only one of two 7 star hotels in the world, I think. I don't remember off-hand where the other one is.

And don't you guys be dissin' the navy, now! :confused:

;)

Attachments

• burj_al_arab_dubai_956.jpg
    burj_al_arab_dubai_956.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 596

Users who are viewing this thread

Back