What made me sad today...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh, so you had to feel your way around.

Now, today is a day that I NEVER even dreamed, in my wildest imaginings, would EVER come to pass. The STATE (AR) legislature is debating a bill that if passed and signed would, BY LAW!!!, regulate who would be allowed to use what public bathroom.

Many states have had such laws on the books for a long time, some from as far back as the late-1800s at least.

Do they allow mail in votes? What's the address?

Well, yesterday I said goodbye to my absolute favorite automobile of all time, my 1978 Toyota Celica.

Over 20 years ago I had arranged to have some body work and painting done on that car. A friend of mine took it to his shop. But a mutual friend of ours, a WW2 vet, became terminally ill and he spent much time helping him. Then a drug dealer offered to rent his shop for a higher price than he was paying, and got him kicked out. We put the car in my airplane hangar but then the FAA expressed concern over non-airplane things being stored in airplane hangars and I had to move it into a storage unit. I thought I had found another guy to fix it but that fell through. Then they raised the price of the storage units from $130 a month to $207 last year. I had to face the fact that I have so much going on I'll never be able to fix that car. Among other things, I have a 1997 Celica that needs a new clutch, new rear oil seal, and new CV axles. I found someone who was interested in the 78 Celica and gave it to him.

So goodbye, old friend.

I had a ta-22. You ?

Users who are viewing this thread