What made me sad today... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

On July 01st last year I said goodbye to my beloved pal Willie. He was the best. Most of his cremated remains are buried on my property and I have visited him every day that I have been home. I have a small vial of his ashes set aside to be added in with mine when it is my turn to go. Some people think that weird but I just assume they are not dog people. I just came in from today's visit. When I sit quietly and think of him I go back and forth between smiling at the memories and crying at the loss.of my pal. This is the last picture I took of him. Five minutes later he was gone. I miss my pal.

View attachment 706563

Jeff
Jeff, I'm sorry of your loss. I'm sure he is watching you with smile from the skies.

A friend of mine, pianist in my first band, just sent me a message. Chemo hasn't worked, they give her 3 months maximum. Fucking cancer.
At 79, after surviving melanoma, prostrate removal, three surgical procedures to remove intestinal growths and stage 4 Non-Hodgsons Limphoma I would advise her to never give up hope and to try every megadose vitamin regamin she can find and never lose hope.

Touch wood,the only family member who has died from it was a really heavy smoker-back when Capstan full strength and the like were around.

crazy stuff does not matter whom it attacks, you can be as healthy as can be and get struck...I used to ride century rides on my bike then almost 11 years ago I get hit with something the medical field cannot figure out.

Now it is my turn. Brother in law has been sick for years. He was just released a couple of days ago from the hospital. He passes away late this morning. My sister also in bad health found him at the kitchen table. They were living on social security and disability and in a travel trailer on his family property in the middle of nowhere. No ideal what she is going to do now. She has never really worked and I am not able to take care of her. She has several issues, cannot work, and no longer drives. I am hoping one of her 4 kids will take care of her. I am not counting on it. Just venting guys. She will figure out something.

Last edited:
It's a bitch alright. Some people are more vulnerable for it because of genetics but in the end it's just a game of chance. We're all rolling the dice every day and one time the dice might land on the wrong side.

Quoth Steely Dan:

Throw out your gold teeth and see how they roll
the answer they reveal
life is unreal

I'm sure sorry for your travails, but we all know that no one here gets out alive. Aces and eights, brotha. That's the way of the world.

It comes to us all which is why it's important to push yourself to get things done and make that
dent in the universe.

Spike Milligan summed it up best given we all know it comes and we are all unsure about when...

"I'm not scared of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."

Quoth Steely Dan:

the answer they reveal
life is unreal

I'm sure sorry for your travails, but we all know that no one here gets out alive. Aces and eights, brotha. That's the way of the world.
You are correct. Of course I send her money from time to time. She stopped asking for things about 2o years ago. She did not even tell me wind she did not have money for her medication. I had to overnight her a Walmart card so she could get it. Her Walmart did not allow you to pay for meds on line. Crazy. She is about 4 hours away and I only see her once a year if I'm lucky. She does not want anyone to know how she lives. Some of it is bad choices and some dum luck. Makes me thankful for what I have.

Here is a little Journey.
Workin' hard to get my fill
Everybody wants a thrill
Payin' anything to roll the dice
Just one more time

He was an odd bird but until the time he refused his medication and started having mental issues, he did take care of my sister.
Quoth Steely Dan:

the answer they reveal
life is unreal

Today is my father's 102nd birthday, a Pi baby 3/14, he flew west in 1995 and I still miss him, he gave me a lot of tools to get me through life, but what I'd give to have just one more piece of advice from him. :cry2:

And I agree, cancer is a bitch, he went through two wars and effing cancer takes him away from us. :cry2::rage::rage::rage:

Today is my father's 102nd birthday, a Pi baby 3/14, he flew west in 1995 and I still miss him, he gave me a lot of tools to get me through life, but what I'd give to have just one more piece of advice from him. :cry2:

And I agree, cancer is a bitch, he went through two wars and effing cancer takes him away from us. :cry2::rage::rage::rage:
I am with you. I lost my mother 19 years ago last month.

Got pretty bummed out last night. Found out my buddy that was a big VW TDI guy and software writer, passed away on the 5th of this month. He'd moved down to San Antonio about 3 years ago to help take care of his Dad, after he had some health issues. Brian went to bed on Tuesday and his wife couldn't rouse him Wednesday morning. Passed sometime during the night. Brain had some health issues, but going at 44 years old was way too early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back