What made me sad today... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Bram Moolenaar died a few days ago, aged 62. I don't expect anyone of you to know him, but he was the developer of the text editor VIM, one of the big iconic projects in the open source community. Hard to imagine any UNIX or Linux installation without an installation of VIM.
Bram was a legend of the open source community and will be missed.

Dev world mourns loss of Vim creator Bram Moolenaar

Last edited:
Problem was, this question could have been asked of me in quiet, and I would have fully answered, and it would have gone away instantly. Instead, they went to management and made a big stink. I could file an ethics complaint and have the whole pile of stink dumped back into their laps, but I'm trying to not be vindictive, as it doesn't serve any real purpose. I guess that what gets me the most, is how it was done.

Just to be clear, it wasn't a job issue, but a medical one.

If they had simply asked if what I'm dealing with, could affect them, I would have said no, unless you start sticking your tongue on it. :woot: Not a casual contact thing, but a combination of medications and irritants while I fight some very long running issues coupled with some things that my body no longer processes correctly.

If I file a complaint, that pretty well decimates our shift until it's resolved. Everyone involved gets time off during the investigation. Saves on litigation costs in the long run. If the complaint isn't upheld, everyone comes back with full back pay. Gets really messy at times. I can't do it in good conscious due to the damage it would do to those not involved. Management asked two very specific questions that were proper, but within the discussion, it became apparent that a group of people had complained. I know, without being told, pretty much who they are. Unfortunately, I can no longer trust them for anything, even work related. Makes my job much more difficult, as there are times I have to explicitly trust them to not get me hurt or killed during some of our tasks.

Last edited:
Got off work yesterday in Huntsville and saw smoke in the distance. 5:00 pm, 100 acres at a wild life preserver. 6 pm it was 300 acres and 10% contain. By 9 pm it was 1200 acres. Noon today it was 3000 acers. At 6:00 it was 4200 acres and only 20% contain. It's 6 1/2 miles. Int moving north away from the city. We have been in a drought state for over a month. We are on the east edge of the great piney woods of east Texas. The forest area runs all the way to Louisiana. If the wind shifts, it could dwarf the Hawaiian fire.

Got off work yesterday in Huntsville and saw smoke in the distance. 5:00 pm, 100 acres at a wild life preserver. 6 pm it was 300 acres and 10% contain. By 9 pm it was 1200 acres. Noon today it was 3000 acers. At 6:00 it was 4200 acres and only 20% contain. It's 6 1/2 miles. Int moving north away from the city. We have been in a drought state for over a month. We are on the east edge of the great piney woods of east Texas. The forest area runs all the way to Louisiana. If the wind shifts, it could dwarf the Hawaiian fire.

40% containment. No homes lost at this time.

Stay safe, bro.

Fingers crossed for your family, friends and neighbors.

Thanks everyone. The size is small.but the potential is huge. Luckily, it is 70% contain and only 4,500 acres. The wooded area runs from Oklahoma and Arkansas in the north and Louisiana in the east and down the east side of Texas down to the gulf. There are 25 fires that in the state is fighting, two in our county, and another 6 fires that are 100% contains. I don't know how many fires are being handle by local units.

We are in a drought and some people have started fires with fireworks. The rain should return by the end of the month.

Last edited:
My daughter was taken advantage of by a bit coin scammer. She has lost more than everything. FBI is looking into it, but they have already lost all credibility. She is now basically a slave trying to get herself out of the mess she is in and there is no end in sight. Don't ever get into bit coin.

My daughter was taken advantage of by a bit coin scammer. She has lost more than everything. FBI is looking into it, but they have already lost all credibility. She is now basically a slave trying to get herself out of the mess she is in and there is no end in sight. Don't ever get into bit coin.
That is horrifying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back