What pc are you using to play you flight sim?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Archangel

Airman 1st Class
134
0
Joined
Dec 20, 2004
Location
NL
i think the title says enough :)
 
intel pentium III 733 MHz, (64) 512 MB RAM (just shiped to me today, yeah!), 15 GB HDD CD Burner.......... ask me what sim I'm playing ;)
 
ok, what sim are you playing? :D

ok, my system.
AMD X2 4400+
1Gb ddr400 dual channel
Albatron k8SLI mobo
geforce 6800GT (and ill soon have my 2nd one :D )
 
damn.. a german fiend of mine is playing it 2.. but i cant find it anywhere here :(
 
3.00 GHz Pentium 4 Processor
2 GB RAM
2 x 120 GB HDDs
52x CD Burner
4x DVD Burner
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 (256MB)

Believe it or not, I'm still running a CRT style monitor, 19" HItachi Super Scan 769.
 
I have a hopped up machine, but I use it for work and volunteer stuff, so I can right off a majority of it. So when I upgrade, I go all out. I buy the parts and assemble it myself and get everything loaded. Saves a few bucks and I know what I'm getting that way.
 
2.8 GHz pentium 4 processor .512 mb sdram
145 GB HHD
cd/dvd burner
19" crt monitor
 
Archangel said:
damn.. a german fiend of mine is playing it 2.. but i cant find it anywhere here :(

for basic info, check out my site (some parts currently off-line)....... for more, check out the www.simhq.com --> EAW section (there's a guy called RAF_Dumoulin, who can give ya a link where you can DL the full OOB game ;) )

cheers,
pisis
 
evangilder said:
I have a hopped up machine, but I use it for work and volunteer stuff, so I can right off a majority of it. So when I upgrade, I go all out. I buy the parts and assemble it myself and get everything loaded. Saves a few bucks and I know what I'm getting that way.

exactly. ;)

maybe you can help me then, if you're "the whizz" ---. i've just bought a cd burner recently (i've never had anyone) and when i installed it, the xp's cannot recognize it via "find new hardware" function... how can i get it running?
 
Pisis said:
evangilder said:
I have a hopped up machine, but I use it for work and volunteer stuff, so I can right off a majority of it. So when I upgrade, I go all out. I buy the parts and assemble it myself and get everything loaded. Saves a few bucks and I know what I'm getting that way.

exactly. ;)

maybe you can help me then, if you're "the whizz" ---. i've just bought a cd burner recently (i've never had anyone) and when i installed it, the xp's cannot recognize it via "find new hardware" function... how can i get it running?

The first thing you need to do is make sure that your cables are hooked up right and you plugged in the power connector as well. I know that may sound simple, but I have forgotten a cable in haste in the past. If you don't see the drive at all as a CD drive in the "My Computer" section, then it likely is a cabling issue.
 
Pisis said:
maybe you can help me then, if you're "the whizz" ---. i've just bought a cd burner recently (i've never had anyone) and when i installed it, the xp's cannot recognize it via "find new hardware" function... how can i get it running?

when you checkd the cables. you have to make shure the motherboard does see the burner ;)
so on startup, go into the BIOS as see if it recognizes all the IDE drives :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back