what the puck?!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

yar Yar! Goot goot eet is I see one two peepul they spik so goody eengleesh like-a me! Why they no not unnersten us I doan no. WEE unnerstan you me so good innit? Wenn wee dork upout ayar-pee lanes and pop hellers and-a injones enn spuork plutts all-a beebools hoo no like ayar-pee lanes doan unnersten us, ho ho ho!!!

Why they no not unnersten us I doan no. WEE unnerstan you me so good innit?

Yuo saeying I doan undeerestan y'all?

Noah Nullah is nock hyup eye yam swaying! Eye nose jools unnersten me, inna fact eye see you spamming right unner me!

Zo, dis wee now do done deecide, we shlla sil da goot, goot eengalesh - not likee dose inglereeyz basterds hoo doan no nuffink about-da eengalos or da Walla Walla Two hysteria!!!

Yes; mostly Americans actually speak de Ingles like dat, even here Kalifornia in.

Okay... I heard a few Americans in movies and TV shows, plus I've been in the Maine a few times, and I don't remember hearing anything like that... Well, at least the accent was not that thick.

Although I do agree that peoples in California can be hard to understand sometimes... The accent on the West coast seems very different from the one on the East coast.

What about some Cajun ? So sae vraiment hard ah comprendre. Mah payhay le lubster assteur...

;)

Last edited:
Was the first part something about 'Why can't you understand what I say'? Interesting seeing it written - or should that be gud two sea wots writ dere!

I deal with customers over the phone from all over the country. Sometimes it is all I can do to try to make out what the customer is saying, not so much due to the accents, it is more the habits of pronouncing the words that the customer has. Some people just do not talk clearly or pronounce their words cleanly. Most people from the south I can understand fine, no problem. the problem is when you get the guy on the phone who sounds like Farmer Fran from the Waterboy, you know you are in trouble.

Was the first part something about 'Why can't you understand what I say'? Interesting seeing it written - or should that be gud two sea wots writ dere!

It was almost that... Translated in English : "This is really hard to understand. I'm gonna go fishing for some lobster, now..."

The lobster part is a running gag as most Acadians are fishermen.

P.S. Canada's Acadians = USA's Cajuns. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back