What was the One Thing that won WWII? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

jj1982 said:
or maybe it was those flying them?????

It was both but mainly the Lancaster - as i've said before - if the Lancaster crews were flying Amiot 143's or something then they would've been dog meat against the Luftwaffe! :buzzsaw:

In a nutshell , it was the Conviction-of-the-Commonwealth that it was Right to fight this tyranny Hitler had created in Europe, and the threat to the Freedom of the Free World. After the Great War , another Generation of Young People saw a Job that had be done , and enlisted. We lost in France and consolidated back in Britain. By then, Commonwealth troops were assembling and the Atlantic and Dominion convoys reinforced the Battle of Britain. - The rest has been said ; Radar , Hitler as C-in-C and his decisions Cost Germany the War. But the Grit to Fight back that came from that Generation of The Allies , won the War. - It was Churchill that stirred 'em up too. - Do you think Today's Generation could do the same thing , if asked ???

britain aint much better, the germans shuld have won the war, their planes were much better. the me-410 was in my opinion the mest heavy fighter ever

Me 410 A1 High-speed bomber, high altitude heavy fighter and night-fighter.
Lenght 12.4 m
Wingspan 16.38 m
Height 4.2 m
Max. weight 10650 kg
Empty weight 6100 kg
Engines 2x DB 603A (12^ 1750 hp ea.)
Ceiling 10000 m
Max. speed 625 km/h
Range 2300 km
Armament/Load 2 x MG 131 + 2 x MG 151 + 2 x MG 131 + 1000 kg bomb load
Crew 2

Me 210 B High-speed bomber, high altitude heavy fighter, day/night reconaissance, torpedo bomber and night-fighter.
Lenght 12.4 m
Wingspan 16.38 m
Height 4.2 m
Max. weight 10650 kg
Empty weight 6100 kg
Engines 2x DB 603G (12^ 1900 hp ea.)
Ceiling 8900 m
Max. speed 465 km/h
Range 1800 km
Armament/Load 2 x MG 131 + 2 x MG 151 + 2 x MG 131 + 1000 kg bomb load
Crew 2

The Germans had better planes? I think not. They were good but not better. The P-51, Spitfire MK. XIV, P-47 and P-38 all matched up to anything Germany threw at them in late war.

The American Delta Force is good, not as good as the SAS but they are still good. The reason being is they don't follow the stupid American military traditions.

On behalf of admin...Welcome to the site by the way Plan D! :3dglasses: you sound like a pretty well informed guy - welcome aboard! you'll soon get to know whos who around here - plenty of characters anyway! 8)

the Germans were well on their way to developing atomic fission when the USA was tipped off of their plans by one of their scientists. The USA spent untold amouts of money to beat the Germans in this goal. We had the brainpower and the manuacturing ability to get our a-bomb operational first . A German U-boat was sent to Japan with a cargo of uranium but their mission was compromised and their scientist commited suicide aboard the U-boat. There are a lot of what-ifs that we can spend years arguing about who was better at weapons. I think that if the Germans had more raw materials available to develop their atomic research the war might have ended differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back