What was the One Thing that won WWII?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

And if the Norweigan resistance and British Commandos didn't blow up the Heavy Water plant that Germany was researching the A-bomb in.

Gemhorse,you're right. The main thing was the fact that the good guys had the guts to kick the bad guy's asses. In the end, that's what it all comes down to, guts, determination, and faith in what's right.

the lancaster kicks ass said:
yup, we would have won it without them, it just might of taken a bit longer, you know, what with all the tea breaks...........................

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think that if the USA had not started their lend lease program with England as soon as they did the English would have run out of resources. What most people forget is that the USA had the raw materials and the factorys to produce the equipment needed for war. The citizens of the USA went to work in the Factories making the boats,airplanes, ammo,tires,tanks and what ever was needed. The women went to work in the factories and they did every job that was needed to be done. Their spirit was the reason the job got done often before deadlines and sometimes under budget. Hats off to the Ladies that traded their home life for factory work for the war effort.

We had Women working day and night in our factories too before America even entered the war - they did a fantastic job and without them Britain would've been lost - there was no 'one thing' that won ANY war - it was always a team effort....thats one thing war is good for - encouraging people to work together for the greater good...i.e winning! :-X

oh yeah and keeping the population of the earth under control :sonarsmile:

bronzewhaler82 said:
We had Women working day and night in our factories too before America even entered the war - they did a fantastic job and without them Britain would've been lost - there was no 'one thing' that won ANY war - it was always a team effort....thats one thing war is good for - encouraging people to work together for the greater good...i.e winning! :-X

oh yeah and keeping the population of the earth under control :sonarsmile:
i like Stalingrad snipers and their role in winning :D

I would like to agree with the fact that the woman of the world on both sides played a great part! They are now starting to get the full true reconition and praise they so truely desurve. How about the Russian ladies who flew bombers over Germany, or the ladies who ferried plans from factories in Kansas and Willow Run to New York. But one contrabution that the women made I would like to say is that of the nurses. They did so much for the young boys fighting on the line, and at times did the job under great fire!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back