What was the One Thing that won WWII?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No one thing won WW2, and it definately wouldn't be RADAR if there was. The RADAR was a huge contribution to BoB and later bombing campaigns, but as much as you don't like to admit it, you can't bomb someone into submission.

I think the major contribution was the ULTRA team, and their cracking of the Enigma codes.

Without the Enigma codes we would have been in deep trouble with the Wolfpacks.

Britain wouldn't have won the BoB without Radar.

If I were going to pick one thing that won the war, I would have to pick the industrial capabilities of the Allies. WWII was a war of production as much as anything else and the Allies simply outproduced the Axis.

There was a whole collection of things, and Allied production, RADAR and ULTRA were all major contributors to the victory.

ULTRA, was really big! It let the Navy understand how better the U-boats operated. Code breaking was also big in the win over the Japs, and useing the Navajo as radio operators was just Great.

But the thing that won the war, who really can say. Why not say poor choices by the Germans. :(

Because it was the Allies that capitulated on the few mistakes by the Germans. Plus a lot of our victories were of our own making, not German mistakes.

Thank you, I was tired. And it was more than the French that capitulated, like most of Europe capitulated.

Yes, but Frace was the only one of those contries considered to be a military power. I mean, no one thought the Belgians would turn the Germans back. France, on the other hand, was supposed to make a stand.

But they did not. Only the British and commonwelth Nations stood up, and kept on going. But they were nice to let those who wanted to fight come and help, even the Free French ;)

I think the Allies when out of their way to accomidate the French later in the war. Like allowing De Gaulle to "liberate" Paris.

It still would have been nice to have some help off Belgium, we had a big argument about Belgium in 1940 before. Some of the individuals in the Free French were brave, like the few that flew for the RAF, and the ones in the VVS.

De Gaulle should have been shot for cowardice, the BEF were the smallest portion of the Allied Army in 1940 and it was the only one that could fight because it wasn't full of cowards.

The Belgians did the best they could, but they were horribly outmatched. The Allied plans basically called for Belgium to be a speed bump to buy France and Great Britain time to establish a proper defense or even counter attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back