What was the One Thing that won WWII? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Then Rommel (along with a bunch of other high ranking military officers and prominent Germans) realized what the problem was and unfortunately got killed for realizing this and trying to take action against the problem.

goring can't be blamed ofor everything the reason for some many of his mistakes was he never actually knew what the operational strength of the luftwaffe was he always thought it was stronger than it actually was and when he did find out it was to late because he had become so arrogant and would have looked a fool not to boast.
also germany went to war to early the luftwaffe wasn't properly equiped and didn't have enough resevres.
i would recomened reading "the most dangerous enemy" a history of the battle of britain it expalins how porly equiped the luftwaffe was and how BoB won the war an excellent book well worth 10 pounds:)

Meserschmitt was partially to blame too. He didn't want to change the narrow landing gear to a wider setup by having the wheels in/closer to the fuselage and have them extend outwards. I read an article that quoted (so I'll assume its relatively true) a high ranking Luftwaffe officer that said approximately 30 000 Me109s were built, and 10 000 of them were destroyed in take off/landing incidents due to the narrow gear.

Also only one high ranking Luftwaffe officer realized they needed a four engine strategic bomber and he did a while before WWII, and with his death was the death of the Luftwaffe strategic bombers.

For me, as well as the battle of britain abnd the excellent leadership we had.....i feel that when hitler decided to have at pop at russia....in wintertime did him no favours. He should have been looking to us first.

the HE-177 didn't see much service and wasn't that good, but it did look cool...................

Yes bronzewhaler you are right. I should know better than that. However what i was trying to say is that i feel it was a major contribution to the end of the war...even if it did come later! Any way...whats your view smartarse!!! Gotta go cos i am at work and the internet policy is very strict so will probably end up with the sack if head office are monitering this! And it will all be your fault!!! 8) :fist:

jj1982 said:
Yes bronzewhaler you are right. I should know better than that. However what i was trying to say is that i feel it was a major contribution to the end of the war...even if it did come later! Any way...whats your view smartarse!!! Gotta go cos i am at work and the internet policy is very strict so will probably end up with the sack if head office are monitering this! And it will all be your fault!!! 8) :fist:

My opinion? The British Army/Navy/Airforce mate -i'm surprised you had to ask!

As for you getting the sack - thats not my responsibility! :lol:

CC, that is a rather clever answer....i fear i must bow down to you as i really am ashamed at our petty squabbles when the answer was blatenly glaring at us in the face....you outstanding knowledge and ability to intepret the facts are just spellbounding and i think that we could all learn a lesson or two from your excellency!

glad you enjoyed it....lesser men would have taken offence and no broze before you say a word that is not what i was intending....(No offence mate)!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back