What's for dinner?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Will be clearing out the fridge and freezer for the rest of this, so Cornish pasty with sprouts and potato gems tonight.

Working our way through the garden so first of this season's sweetcorn cobs for a starter, baked spicy rabbit legs with young runner beans, tomatoes, courgettes and aubergine followed by a summer currants crumble.

I like it! I may steal that one, Readie. We call it "pick night", but I like "If It's" better!

Oldest boys birthday today (19) and birthday boy wants taco salad. So taco salad it is!

Pork roast came out perfect. Rubbed her down with my favorite spice rub. Put in a 400F oven for 10min and then turn down to 250F until the roast is about 170F. Takes a while, but the slow roast makes it such a tender piece of meat. Leftovers will be used tomorrow for BBQ Pork Sandwiches with homemade BBQ sauce (which is so easy to make I never buy store bought BBQ sauce).

OK, eat your hearts out. For dinner last night I had a big old Summer Sausage and cheese sandwich on Potato Bread and a bottle of YooHoo to wash it down.
Could have used some of those chips Rochie was cooking up.

Last edited:
What the h#*s Yoohoo?

From Wiki-pedia:

Yoo-hoo is an American chocolate beverage. The stated ingredients on the label include water, high-fructose corn syrup, whey, sugar, corn syrup solids, cocoa, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, sodium caseinate (from milk), non-fat dry milk, salt, spice, tricalcium phosphate, dipotassium phosphate, xanthan gum, guar gum, natural and artificial flavors, soy lecithin, mono- and diglycerides, vitamin A palmiate, niacinamide (vitamin B3), vitamin D3, and riboflavin (vitamin B2).

Haven't had one in many years, saw it at the store yesterday and picked up a bottle. Kinda tasted like water with some chocolate, whey, sugar, corn syrup solids, etc.... mixed in. Not the best tasting thing IMO. Won't need to drink another one for a long time.

How can they call it a chocolate beverage with cocoa so far down the ingredients list?

Picked up some Grapefruit Seltzer Water from Safeway (large grocery chain). Big letters on the can saying "Artificial flavors including artificial ingredients". Oh how I feel so much better now. Well no sh!t.

Beef stew. Made myself, as SHMBO is out of town and I gots to feed the chillins. But, by next week, the last two are off to school, about 300 miles away. Be just me, momma and the dog.

Chris

Depends on how much time I've got. If I've got the time, I'll make it from scratch, otherwise, we'll use tortillas/flatbread.
With looking after a 14 month old, usually its the flatbread now....

oh, the beer is made with a kit as a base, and plenty of hops and extra malt added :)

oh, the beer is made with a kit as a base, and plenty of hops and extra malt added :)

Didn't I say that the Kiwi's are determined to drink everything in sight :)

I used to home brew and got quite good at it ( even though I say so myself)...trouble was...there was too much beer talking to me saying 'Psst...drink me drink me'.
It had to stop and so did my home brewing.

Tea tonight? The mother in laws home made oggy's. The best in Plymuff :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back