What's for dinner?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oggy is a nickname for a pastie, Cornish or otherwise Buck.
In fact it was the world wide famous pastie was invented in Plymouth NOT Cornwall and you get a free Pilgrim pastie at every Plymouth Argyle home game if you are a season ticket holder.
You could pop over, sample the delights of an Ivor Dewney pastie, watch our beautiful game being played,join in the chanting abuse and have a few pints of real ale ,get in a scrap, kip at my house and fly home the next day.
Ideal.
:)

Yum!!

Still home alone. Sucks trying to cook for one person. Packaging means too many ingredients left over. Sooo....

Chicken and bacon (!!!!) sandwich. Watch the Seahogs play some football. Listening to Kansas to get in the fookin' mood to clean the kitchen and fold clothes. Ugh...

Locally caught and super fresh Pollack and home made chips.
Yum

Load of Pollacks oi reckons m'luvver.

Dewdney Tiddy Oggy sounds good though. Email me one hot please.

We dropped off the 'childer' at Limoges airport so took the opportunity to visit the asian supermarket on the outskirts of Limoges. One large box of assorted goodies for the kitchen and enough dim sum for a dim sum frenzy for dinner. Now I am going to settle down to watch the Grand Prix at Spa Francorchamps with wasabi coated peanuts and macedonian halva washed down with a mug of tea.

Last edited:
Very civilised John.

I have been avoiding liver but, I know I must eat it.... but, not tonight.
Sunday night is chilli night followed by an amusing game of who can fart the loudest :)

Where's the fun in that?

Add absinthe to the beans. After all, absinthe makes the fart grow stronger.

I know even worse jokes. My wife says my sense of humour is laughable.

Last edited:
'absinthe makes the fart grow stronger'

That gave me a good laugh John.
Roast beef today..another wind maker :)

Had ribeye steaks and baked potatoes last night. Since I can no longer eat a whole ribeye anymore, there is always leftovers. Tonight, steak sandwiches, with lettuce, onion, and tomato.

Bloody mustard and bacon... disgust

'Since I can no longer eat a whole ribeye anymore, there is always leftovers.'

How big are your ribeye steaks?
On 'man versus food' the steaks eaten are the size of Texas...but, I'm sure that is not the norm for most Americans.

If you could swallow your pride and put a dap of yellow mustard on your steak you will enjoy it I promise :)

Enjoy and join the club.

If you could swallow your pride and put a dap of yellow mustard on your steak you will enjoy it I promise :)

Enjoy and join the club.

Blasphemy!!!!! I tolerated the mustard on bacon thing, but on a good steak, that just will not stand. And if anyone suggests putting ketchup on steak my foot is going to pay thier backside a visit;)

Oddly enough...no :)

Condiments are a personal choice and some are better than others.

I'm not sure why mayo is so popular... my elder daughter used to eat too much of it so, I left some out overnight and it seperated into fat, fat and more fat. Quite revolting to be honest.

How big are your ribeye steaks?

The average Ribeye I buy is about 500 gr. Mostly I buy Porterhouse though, 2 inches thick and it weighs in at about 1 lb.

As for your mustard on steak and liking it comment, I say this to you...

...if you could buy good quality steak, you would not have to put mustard on it. Salt and pepper, nothing else should have to go on a steak.

Okay an now on to what I have had for dinner. Since I have not posted in this thread since my trip to Germany 3 weeks ago, and then my trip to New York last weekend, I will just post the important stuff I have eaten for dinner in the last few week...:lol:

Schwienebraten mit Semmel Knoedel in Bier Sose (Pork Medallions with Bread Dumplings with a Beer Sauce)
Gaelic Steak served Rare with a Whiskey Sauce and Fried Potatoes. (The only steak that should ever be served with anything other than salt and pepper...;))
Many plates of Fried Mushrooms.
Lots of Cheese Platters with great German, Dutch, French and Swiss Cheeses, served with many a glass of good Dornfelder Wine.
Seafood Pizza (Squid, Mussels, Shrimp, Octopus Tentacles, Garlic)
Lots of Döner Kebap (Like a Gyro, but Turkish and much much better than a Gyro)
Maultaschen Suppe (Meat and Spinach filled Pasta Pockets in a Broth)
Maultaschen Fried mit Ei (Meat and Spinach filled Pasta Pockets fried with Egg)
Maultaschen mit Sosse und Kartoffel Salat (Meat and Spinach filled Pasta Pockets with a meat sauce and potato salad)
Croatian Ćevapčići served with Ajvar and Pita Bread (once in Germany and once in New York City)
Saxon Mici served with Pita and Garlic Sauce (like the Croation Ćevapčići, but from the Saxons in Romania)
Lots of good German beer.
Lots of good German, French and Italian Wines.
Lots of good German Schnapps.
Did I say lots of good German, Dutch, French and Swiss Cheeses?
Schwarzwald Kuchen (German Blackforest Cake)
German Cheese Cake
Wiener Schnitzel with Potato Salad
Many Good Bratwursts from various regions (Nurnberger, Rote, Thuringer, etc)
Lots of good fresh cold cut meats, salamis and smoked hams.
Fresh loafs of breads the way they are supposed to be served (not white bread sliced in a bag).
Pretzels
Fried Calamari
Grilled Calamari
New York Style Pizza
Turkish Lamb Döner Kebap (Lamb Gyro from Turkey, much better than a Greek Gyro)
New York Style Hotdogs
Raw Oysters on the Half Shell
Pastrami and Corned Beef Sandwiches from a New York Deli
Roast Beef and Mozzarella Sandwich from a New York Deli

I am sure I am missing stuff, but all the stuff above was amazing...

Blasphemy!!!!! I tolerated the mustard on bacon thing, but on a good steak, that just will not stand. And if anyone suggests putting ketchup on steak my foot is going to pay thier backside a visit;)

Salt and pepper is all you should put on a steak, unless its a Gaelic Steak, then its okay to put a Whiskey Sauce on it...;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back