What's for dinner?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ah, the 7 plate challenge :)
I'm a lightweight these days and struggle to eat 4 ....
My lad, however, is undefeatable :)

I failed miserably and only managed three. Didn't even have room for the typical oil laced chocolate fountain lol.
Must focus more next time.

Today - well. Sunday + England = Roast Dinner.
Today's meat of choice will be roast pork with stuffing and apple with the customary seasonal vegetables.

Cheers Chris

Last edited:
Well, Saturday night I hadn't really planned on what to make for dinner so I threw together a Low Country Boil. For those not familiar with what that is, it is basically just whatever you want to throw into a big pot of boiling water with some spices. I got out my 33 quart boiling pot neatly full of water, threw in about a pound of seasoning I bought on-line (Big Ron's Critter Dust, good stuff but pricy). Tossed in a few red potatos, about a pound and a half of Kielbasa from the local deli/meat market, some corn on the cob, and at the end a big batch of shrimp. Was pretty tasty.
Sunday I spend most of the day tending some pork spare ribs in the smoker. Smoker decided it did not want to hold temp. well so I have to fuss with it much more than normal. Homemade BBQ sauce to top them of and onto the grill for a few minutes to set the sauce. Some cornbread to go with it was all I needed.

I shouldn't have to eat anything all week after the feeding frenzy the last couple days.

Last edited:
Well, Saturday night I hadn't really planned on what to make for dinner so I threw together a Low Country Boil. For those not familiar with what that is, it is basically just whatever you want to throw into a big pot of boiling water with some spices. I got about my 33 quart boiling pot neatly full of water, threw in about a pound of seasoning I bought on-line (Big Ron's Critter Dust, good stuff but pricy). Tossed in a few red potatos, about a pound and a half of Kielbasa from the local deli/meat market, some corn on the cob, and at the end a big batch of shrimp. Was pretty tasty.

I like that idea Buck, I do that after the Christmas scoff. Chuck it all in the pot, meat, veg, stock, dumplings and herbs. Lovely :)

We used to do the same on a Monday. All the roast Sunday dinner leftovers whizzed into a 'Sunday Dinner Soup'. Children used to love it. At it's best with good roast potatoes in the mix.

I love BBQ ribs done properly.

Tonight brussel sprouts casserole with some sliced kielbasa, onion and a parmesan cream sauce. New recipe for me, but thought brussel sprouts and kielbasa would pair nicely.

On the hoof eating today... busy all day.
Proper tea tomorrow though,all the family are going out to an Italian place.
Looking forward to that.

Yum

Tonight its homemade shredded chicken, poblano chiles, cheese enchiladas with tomatillo, garlic sauce. Add some mexi rice and refried beans and we are cookin'!

Damn skippy.

Do you make them yourself?

I can't get minced rabbit to hold together for a decent burger without cheating with egg white.

We've got a local wild game butcher who makes them, so I can't tell how they're held together, but they don't taste as if there is much else besides rabbit in them.

Incidentally, they're the only place in the world selling Himalayan Thar. They make great burgers as well.

I learn something every day. What do you put on a rabbit burger? Little slip-on rabbit ears? Seriously... mustard? Mayo? With lettuce, tomato and onion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back