What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

She continues to move forward decals going down they appear to be a little on the thick side give it overnight but the Walters may make a showing tomorrow.She starting to get that Stallion look.
default_wink.png

Attachments

• Reg.2005 001.JPG
    Reg.2005 001.JPG
    292.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Reg.2005 002.JPG
    Reg.2005 002.JPG
    282.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Reg.2005 003.JPG
    Reg.2005 003.JPG
    270.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Reg.2005 004.JPG
    Reg.2005 004.JPG
    300.7 KB · Views: 25
Thanks Guys!All the stencils are now in play found a spot on the L/side like glue or something had to knife it off retouching now.](*,)

This is the "little project" that I mentioned in recent purchases. Bandai TIE Fighters in 1/144. They are small, cheap, good detail, good fit and no interior to deal with. All the parts are keyed so you can't put anything together wrong. Perfect for a weekend build party with a "beginner modeler".
View attachment 677836
I had a little brass rod cutoff that fit perfectly in the peg hole. Both the standard and Darth's fighter are in the box.
View attachment 677838
I painted them a slightly bluish gray and the panels are a bluish black. I wanted a cold feel to the craft. 'You could get away with just painting the panels black. There are stickers, not decals for some panels and canopy but I didn't use them.
View attachment 677840
I'm on the sunny side of my porch taking these photos. Dab of clear red on the "guns".
View attachment 677841
Here I photoshopped the brass rod out of the pic. There is no weathering since I figured that they would be elite units and to contrast with the next chapter of this project. Total time was prob about 6 hours over 4 days. A little black wash in some vents and grills and I called it a day. Up next "soon" is Luke's Starfighter. It has a more complex paint scheme and is very scruffy looking. The doc has cleared me to go back to my 2 day a week driving job so I'll soon be back in Corvettes and Lambos.
I have two of these (I can't just get a single Tie fighter for some reason) to use with Y-wings in the Death Star Trench Run. (Yes I have 3 Y-wings as well). I just happen to prefer the Y-wings for this. I'm looking forward to the build. Yours look great!

I have two of these (I can't just get a single Tie fighter for some reason) to use with Y-wings in the Death Star Trench Run. (Yes I have 3 Y-wings as well). I just happen to prefer the Y-wings for this. I'm looking forward to the build. Yours look great!
The Koensayr Manufacturing BTL-B doesn't get enough love. The P-40 of the Rebel Alliance.

I have a couple more pics and have reversed the fuselage decals with the axe blade UP.I could not get the wings decals to lift and feared messing up the paint better to let it be.The prop is just stuck on ATTM the 20mm cannons are bigger than what was supplied in the kit but match closer to what is in the wheel well.I have one LG with a hose just need to get after the other,
default_wink.png

Attachments

• Reg.2005 006.JPG
    Reg.2005 006.JPG
    344.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Reg.2005 007.JPG
    Reg.2005 007.JPG
    372.1 KB · Views: 27

Users who are viewing this thread

Back