What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I love this little boat. I've wanted one for the longest time so I could do a specific diorama with it getting strafed by some Tiffy's. I've had it in my mind for years, but lost my opportunity to fulfill it for one reason (usually financial) or another. Sadly, my body no longer cooperates and I'm lucky to cook dinner, so dios are no longer going to be a possibility. So I'll cheer from the sides. You have done quite the awesome job here, good sir, very impressive.

I am not through with the weathering still got the sides of the hull to go.I do not have much more to add to the fore deck mainly just the anchor which I plan to repaint probably black/gray.I went what I thought was light on the rust using a rubber paint brush Nice and Pointy.I just had to start on the railings lesson learned glue in play bottom rung first and attach carefully the bottom wire gets the alignment done straight every thing else falls into place.
default_wink.png

Attachments

• S-100 003.JPG
    S-100 003.JPG
    397.7 KB · Views: 13
  • S-100 004.JPG
    S-100 004.JPG
    341.4 KB · Views: 12
  • S-100 005.JPG
    S-100 005.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 13
  • S-100 006.JPG
    S-100 006.JPG
    284.5 KB · Views: 13
  • S-100 007.JPG
    S-100 007.JPG
    256.1 KB · Views: 12
This really is a nice looking boat Kevin, you should be pleased with it. :D
It's a love/hate thing at this point over two months on one kit for me I start losing interest and this one is testing me.I have to say Vic doing the weathering was quite relaxing and artistic to a point if catch the drift.I have been looking for some 1/72 Kriegsmarine guys but only find Submariners they could probably work but the hats seem different?I have attached and repaired the crooked stanchion and installed the rest for this side will line the wire tomorrow it's 10G guitar measures .010".I am thinking the wire is just to bright and need to paint or tone it down some way? ;)

Thank you. I feel the same for this underrated stellar bomber. I gff feel it was wrongly used. But it was what they had when something t to bomb. Much better than those idiotic bomber from the newer trilogy. Those things sucked. W why were they so slow? I'm gonna git fore I get started. 😂😂
...and use the damn gun turret on top already!

I say maybe 2/4hrs left on this one.I have added angle braces to the starboard side to three stanchions,added chain to the stern and added chain to port.I still have three angle braces for port,flat coat,glass for Kalotte,anchor and rigging.The final stage will be the hull weathering and another flat it will be light.
default_wink.png

Attachments

• S-100 001.JPG
    S-100 001.JPG
    357.7 KB · Views: 10
  • S-100 002.JPG
    S-100 002.JPG
    356.5 KB · Views: 10
  • S-100 003.JPG
    S-100 003.JPG
    381.3 KB · Views: 10
  • S-100 004.JPG