What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So close just the glass upstairs for the Kalotte and the flag.

Attachments

• S-100 002.JPG
    S-100 002.JPG
    541.3 KB · Views: 13
  • S-100 003.JPG
    S-100 003.JPG
    545.8 KB · Views: 12
  • S-100 004.JPG
    S-100 004.JPG
    591.9 KB · Views: 11
  • S-100 008.JPG
    S-100 008.JPG
    365.4 KB · Views: 12
  • S-100 009.JPG
    S-100 009.JPG
    467.6 KB · Views: 13
It's a love/hate thing at this point over two months on one kit for me I start losing interest and this one is testing me.I have to say Vic doing the weathering was quite relaxing and artistic to a point if catch the drift.I have been looking for some 1/72 Kriegsmarine guys but only find Submariners they could probably work but the hats seem different?I have attached and repaired the crooked stanchion and installed the rest for this side will line the wire tomorrow it's 10G guitar measures .010".I am thinking the wire is just to bright and need to paint or tone it down some way? ;)
Revell do a 1/72 pack which is specifically for U-Boat and S-Boat models. 51 figures in 15 poses (not combat though).

The ole AMT F7-7 Tigercat scheme will most likely be Yellow but thoughts of a silver are prancing through my head like before she hit the paint booth.The wing to fuse was seamless fuse halves seamless.The only enhancements will be the engine cables.

Attachments

• F7-7 Tiger 001.JPG
    F7-7 Tiger 001.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 9
  • F7-7 Tiger 002.JPG
    F7-7 Tiger 002.JPG
    245.7 KB · Views: 7
So, being bored waiting for decals.................
I was looking at my Fitty6 on the shelf, all but finished!
A while back I watched a YouTube video on chopping a car.
Light bulb moment. So the last few days, I've done this!!!!!
56-1a.jpg56-1b.jpg56-1c.jpg
Fillers, for Sculpting!!! Milliput, it just scrapes and Shit. It's okay if you can get it within Micro mm of finished, but impossible to sculpt. That Real Plastic stuff? It just flakes all over, never Really dries, my experience. Then when you spray lacquor primer onnit, it just looks ruff, soaks up like a sponge. So I tried the Acetone Sprue trick. No it is a bit fiddly to apply but does the trick filling gaps and can be filed and sanded! The Hood, Bonnet, is the real plastic under the Mr Surfacer and needs some Real work to get it smooth. I stripped the kit chrome with a bleach bath, Wow, worked a treat! Most will be body paint color. SMS Super Chrome for them bits. I took 10mm out of the back, behind the door and top. 13mm at the trunk, Boot!
56-2a.jpg56-2b.jpg56-2c.jpg
Kinda like this...........!

So, being bored waiting for decals.................
I was looking at my Fitty6 on the shelf, all but finished!
A while back I watched a YouTube video on chopping a car.
Light bulb moment. So the last few days, I've done this!!!!!
View attachment 715439View attachment 715440View attachment 715441
Fillers, for Sculpting!!! Milliput, it just scrapes and Shit. It's okay if you can get it within Micro mm of finished, but impossible to sculpt. That Real Plastic stuff? It just flakes all over, never Really dries, my experience. Then when you spray lacquor primer onnit, it just looks ruff, soaks up like a sponge. So I tried the Acetone Sprue trick. No it is a bit fiddly to apply but does the trick filling gaps and can be filed and sanded! The Hood, Bonnet, is the real plastic under the Mr Surfacer and needs some Real work to get it smooth. I stripped the kit chrome with a bleach bath, Wow, worked a treat! Most will be body paint color. SMS Super Chrome for them bits. I took 10mm out of the back, behind the door and top. 13mm at the trunk, Boot!
View attachment 715443View attachment 715444View attachment 715445
Kinda like this...........!
The Tri Fives rock! Keep us posted please!

Agree with the TRI 5's. Learned to do most of my driving inna Fiddy5.
Owned a Fiddy6, my first car. More miles up and down on jacks than on the street.
Never owned a Fiddy7 tho...... I digress.

The chrome strip is my nemesis!
So
1. I taped the shape I wanted, filled it with Real Plastic.
2. I gently filed ans sanded down to the tape! Arrrrrrrr
3. Piled on more Plastic putty......................... ACK
4. Well WTS......... that didn't work!!!!!!!
5. I taped both sides of the shape, again. Covered tha gap with a piece of tape.
Pushed it into the corners, cut it out and stuck it to PVC sheet. Cut to the tape.
That piece is to the right, then cut two like it and 6. Glued them on both sides.
When they dry I take my chances......... AGAIN and file Them to the shape I need.
Stand by!!!!!!!
56-3b.jpg56-3c.jpg56-3d.jpg56-3e.jpg56-3f.jpg56-3g.jpg

Attachments

• 56-3a.jpg
    56-3a.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 9
I should finish this one this week the paint job if grading myself would be an 80 pebbly here and there :dontknow: I should of used white primer not grey while it felt smooth I wonder it it contributed to the grain like texture in those two spots.I like it still and will be a colorful addition to the cabinet.
default_wink.png

Attachments

• F7-7 Tiger 001.JPG
    F7-7 Tiger 001.JPG
    300.3 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back