What's on The Workbench

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

PXL_20231122_044752361.jpg

PXL_20231122_045013488.jpg

I am blessed to have a nice house with my own hobby room.scratch built airbrush booth, 2 inline blowers vent the icky stuff out side. my apoligies for my picture posts, too big? I am old, no PC back in my early days. no clue on deleting crappy pictures.

I have been using my cell phone camera, I will try to figure out how to use my old digital pocket camera and photo editing is a good idea. thanks so much for your help. I posted images earlier in the build , I lost them:bucktooth:

completed a few more items today, flat kote, airbrushed fuselage stripe, attached struts/wheels. I feel like my skills are progressing, plenty of great builds on aircraft.net to inspire me. I will finish up with antenna cables and canopy. some mild weathering eventually. the decals are difficult to apply:rolleyes: In the future I will spend the extra money for a better brand of model
PXL_20231123_042924558.jpg
PXL_20231123_042959601.jpg

completed a few more items today, flat kote, airbrushed fuselage stripe, attached struts/wheels. I feel like my skills are progressing, plenty of great builds on aircraft.net to inspire me. I will finish up with antenna cables and canopy. some mild weathering eventually. the decals are difficult to apply:rolleyes: In the future I will spend the extra money for a better brand of modelView attachment 748486View attachment 748487
very impressed with the Alclad Aqua Kote.

Is it my lack of skill or is it just poor quality of the model/decals? I cannot logically determine how the decal "teeth" would extend under the air intake so I accept that this was good enough. Makes me more determined to build a better P-40 next time.

Is it my lack of skill or is it just poor quality of the model/decals? I cannot logically determine how the decal "teeth" would extend under the air intake so I accept that this was good enough. Makes me more determined to build a better P-40 next time.
Looking at other builds of the P-40E in China, it could be that the teeth should have been placed a little further back towards the wing joint. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back